JAATKA-PAARIJAAT RAJYOGA FOR OBAMA??

  • Shobhana
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008

      Dear Learned Members,

      Namashar.

      Some doubts have been expressed over interpretation of Verse 15 of Chapter 7 of Jataka Paarijaat which is as follows :

      "Lagne Neechagrihe Purandara Gurau,
      Randhreshe Sapaapagrahe,
      Tadraamshyath -Samanvitte Yadi Tada
      Rajadhirajo Bhavet"

      There is little scope of ambiguity in this verse which simply means (Lagne) In the Lagna (Neechagrihe) in his rasi of debilitation IF Jupiter (if Jupiter is in Lagna in Capricorn), The eight house (randhre) has Papa Graha (Papa Grahe, meaning lords of Trishadaya, the eight house, natural benefics of Kendras associted with lords od Trishadaya) located in Leo Navamsa (Tat Rasya- Aamso samanavitte), Then there is Raja yoga.

      The above yoga is simply a mutual cancellations of the effects of two malefics of the Capricorn Lagna. Firsly Jupiter (Papa Graha for Capricorn) and another Papa Graha in the eighth will cancell each others effects being 6/8th.

      How is it any where near Barack Obama Chart.??

      Even if taken to be present, Winning or losing is not dependant on Rajyoga unless the current period is under Rajyoga generating planets's sway.

      OM NAMO NARAYANA

    • bhagavathi_hariharan
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008
        Shobhanaji,

        A doubt- what does "purandara gurau" mean? Does it refer to Juptier's
        placement in Lagna.

        Regards,
        bhagavathi

        --- In ancient_indian_astrology@yahoogroups.com, "Shobhana"
        <shobhana_ms@...> wrote:

        > Dear Learned Members,
        >
        > Namashar.
        >
        > Some doubts have been expressed over interpretation of Verse 15 of
        > Chapter 7 of Jataka Paarijaat which is as follows :
        >
        > "Lagne Neechagrihe Purandara Gurau,
        > Randhreshe Sapaapagrahe,
        > Tadraamshyath -Samanvitte Yadi Tada
        > Rajadhirajo Bhavet"
        >
        > There is little scope of ambiguity in this verse which simply means
        > (Lagne) In the Lagna (Neechagrihe) in his rasi of debilitation IF
        > Jupiter (if Jupiter is in Lagna in Capricorn), The eight house
        (randhre)
        > has Papa Graha (Papa Grahe, meaning lords of Trishadaya, the eight
        > house, natural benefics of Kendras associted with lords od
        Trishadaya)
        > located in Leo Navamsa (Tat Rasya- Aamso samanavitte), Then there is
        > Raja yoga.
        >
        > The above yoga is simply a mutual cancellations of the effects of
        two
        > malefics of the Capricorn Lagna. Firsly Jupiter (Papa Graha for
        > Capricorn) and another Papa Graha in the eighth will cancell each
        others
        > effects being 6/8th.
        >
        > How is it any where near Barack Obama Chart.??
        >
        > Even if taken to be present, Winning or losing is not dependant on
        > Rajyoga unless the current period is under Rajyoga generating
        planets's
        > sway.
        >

        > OM NAMO NARAYANA

      • Gopal Goel
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008

          Dear Friends,

          There are two Guru's Venus and Jupiter.

          Purendra (Indra)Guru means Jupiter.

          Regards,

          G.K.GOEL

          <shobhana_ms@ ...> wrote:

          > Dear Learned Members,
          >
          > Namashar.
          >
          > Some doubts have been expressed over interpretation of Verse 15 of
          > Chapter 7 of Jataka Paarijaat which is as follows :
          >
          > "Lagne Neechagrihe Purandara Gurau,
          > Randhreshe Sapaapagrahe,
          > Tadraamshyath -Samanvitte Yadi Tada
          > Rajadhirajo Bhavet"
          >
          > There is little scope of ambiguity in this verse which simply means
          > (Lagne) In the Lagna (Neechagrihe) in his rasi of debilitation IF
          > Jupiter (if Jupiter
          is in Lagna in Capricorn), The eight house
          (randhre)
          > has Papa Graha (Papa Grahe, meaning lords of Trishadaya, the eight
          > house, natural benefics of Kendras associted with lords od
          Trishadaya)
          > located in Leo Navamsa (Tat Rasya- Aamso samanavitte) , Then there is
          > Raja yoga.
          >
          > The above yoga is simply a mutual cancellations of the effects of
          two
          > malefics of the Capricorn Lagna. Firsly Jupiter (Papa Graha for
          > Capricorn) and another Papa Graha in the eighth will cancell each
          others
          > effects being 6/8th.
          >
          > How is it any where near Barack Obama Chart.??
          >
          > Even if taken to be present, Winning or losing is not dependant on
          > Rajyoga unless the current period is under Rajyoga generating
          planets's
          > sway.
          >

          > OM NAMO NARAYANA

        • Sreenadh
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008

            Dear All,
             "Lagne Neechagrihe Purandara Guru, Randhre Sa-paapagrahe,
             Tadrashyamsha -Samanvitte Yadi Tada  Rajadhirajo Bhavet"

            Lagne Neechagrihe Purandara Guru = In Lagna in Debiliatation (i.e. Jupitor  in Capricon Lagna)

            Randhreshe Sapaapagrahe = Malefic in 8th (Sa, Ma or Su in Leo)

            Tadraashyamsha -Samanvitte = (If the above said malefic are in) In that Navamsa (This means that the above said Malefic Sa, Ma or Su should be present in the corresponding Navamsa as that of Lagna with in Leo. i.e. If Ju is in first Navamsa of Cp, then Sa/Ma/Su should be in the first Navamsa of Leo; If Ju is in second Navamsa of Cp, then Sa/Ma/Su should be in the second Navamsa of Leo etc)

             Yadi tada = If so then

             Rajadhirajo bhavet = Then the native will become King of Kings.

             Thus the sloka means - While Lagna and Jupiter are in Capricorn, if any malefic (Sa, Ma, Su) is present in the corresponding Navamsa of 8th sign Leo, then the native will become King of Kings.

             As Sobhana ji puts it -
            //> The above yoga is simply a mutual cancellations of the effects of   two malefics of the Capricorn Lagna. Firstly Jupiter (Papa Graha for  Capricorn) and another Papa Graha in the eighth will cancel each  others effects being 6/8th.//
            Regards,
            Sreenadh

            --- In ancient_indian_astrology@yahoogroups.com, Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937@...> wrote:

            > Dear Friends,
            > There are two Guru's Venus and Jupiter.
            > Purendra (Indra)Guru means Jupiter.
            > Regards,
            >

            > G.K.GOEL

          • sunil nair
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008

              Hare rama krishna

              dear sreenadh ji

              This translation sounds logical too .

              thanks and regrds sunil nair

              om shreem mahalaxmai namah

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008
                Respected Goelji,

                Thank you for the clarification. So the word is "purendara" and
                not "purandara", it makes a difference because Purandara means Lord
                Vishnu. Vishnu protects, hence I thought could be that it refers to
                Jupiter aspecting the lagna with a neecha planet.

                Probably, this is the reason why in the chart of Queen Elizabeth the
                lagna is assumed to be makara

                Regards,

                bhagavathi

                <gkgoel1937@...> wrote:

                > Dear Friends,
                > There are two Guru's Venus and Jupiter.
                > Purendra (Indra)Guru means Jupiter.
                > Regards,
                >

                > G.K.GOEL

              • aphoton47
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008
                  Sreenadh ji,

                  Thank you. That clinches it.

                  --Radha S.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008
                    Dear Bhagavathi Ji,
                    Namshkaar,

                    Purandar is Lord Indra, the head of Devas and his Guru is
                    Jupiter...This is all poetic and an act of verse / stnza formation.
                    No hidden meaning there.
                    Ragarads.

                    OM NAMO NARAYANA

                    > --- In ancient_indian_astrology@yahoogroups.com, "Shobhana"
                    > <shobhana_ms@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Dear Learned Members,
                    > >
                    > > Namashar.
                    > >
                    > > Some doubts have been expressed over interpretation of Verse 15 of
                    > > Chapter 7 of Jataka Paarijaat which is as follows :
                    > >
                    > > "Lagne Neechagrihe Purandara Gurau,
                    > > Randhreshe Sapaapagrahe,
                    > > Tadraamshyath -Samanvitte Yadi Tada
                    > > Rajadhirajo Bhavet"
                    > >
                    > > There is little scope of ambiguity in this verse which simply
                    means
                    > > (Lagne) In the Lagna (Neechagrihe) in his rasi of debilitation IF
                    > > Jupiter (if Jupiter is in Lagna in Capricorn), The eight house
                    > (randhre)
                    > > has Papa Graha (Papa Grahe, meaning lords of Trishadaya, the eight
                    > > house, natural benefics of Kendras associted with lords od
                    > Trishadaya)
                    > > located in Leo Navamsa (Tat Rasya- Aamso samanavitte), Then there
                    is
                    > > Raja yoga.
                    > >
                    > > The above yoga is simply a mutual cancellations of the effects of
                    > two
                    > > malefics of the Capricorn Lagna. Firsly Jupiter (Papa Graha for
                    > > Capricorn) and another Papa Graha in the eighth will cancell each
                    > others
                    > > effects being 6/8th.
                    > >
                    > > How is it any where near Barack Obama Chart.??
                    > >
                    > > Even if taken to be present, Winning or losing is not dependant on
                    > > Rajyoga unless the current period is under Rajyoga generating
                    > planets's
                    > > sway.
                    > >

                    > > OM NAMO NARAYANA

                  • bhagavathi_hariharan

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008
                        Shobhanaa ji,

                        You are correct; it is Chapter 7 Sloka 15.

                        There is another sloka in Jatak Parijata that promises raja yoga to
                        Sen. Obama. Chapter 7 sloka 13 says:

                        "If at birth, a planet be in its depression and if the lord of the
                        sign occupied by the planet or the lord of the exaltation sign be in a
                        Kendra position in respect to the Moon's place or the Lagna, the
                        person born will be a king and a just ruler."

                        Vaidyanatha Dikshita's Jatak Parijata with an English translation by
                        V.Subramanya Sastri.

                        --Radha S.

                        <shobhana_ms@...> wrote:

                        > Dear Learned Members,
                        >
                        > Namashar.
                        >
                        > Some doubts have been expressed over interpretation of Verse 15 of
                        > Chapter 7 of Jataka Paarijaat which is as follows :
                        >
                        > "Lagne Neechagrihe Purandara Gurau,
                        > Randhreshe Sapaapagrahe,
                        > Tadraamshyath -Samanvitte Yadi Tada
                        > Rajadhirajo Bhavet"
                        >
                        > There is little scope of ambiguity in this verse which simply means
                        > (Lagne) In the Lagna (Neechagrihe) in his rasi of debilitation IF
                        > Jupiter (if Jupiter is in Lagna in Capricorn), The eight house (randhre)
                        > has Papa Graha (Papa Grahe, meaning lords of Trishadaya, the eight
                        > house, natural benefics of Kendras associted with lords od Trishadaya)
                        > located in Leo Navamsa (Tat Rasya- Aamso samanavitte), Then there is
                        > Raja yoga.
                        >
                        > The above yoga is simply a mutual cancellations of the effects of two
                        > malefics of the Capricorn Lagna. Firsly Jupiter (Papa Graha for
                        > Capricorn) and another Papa Graha in the eighth will cancell each others
                        > effects being 6/8th.
                        >
                        > How is it any where near Barack Obama Chart.??
                        >
                        > Even if taken to be present, Winning or losing is not dependant on
                        > Rajyoga unless the current period is under Rajyoga generating planets's
                        > sway.
                        >

                        > OM NAMO NARAYANA

                      • Sunil Bhattacharjya
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008
                          Dear Bhagavathiji,

                          I think Indra is also called Purandara.

                          Regards,

                          Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

                          <gkgoel1937@ ...> wrote:

                          > Dear Friends,
                          > There are two Guru's Venus and Jupiter.
                          > Purendra (Indra)Guru means Jupiter.
                          > Regards,
                          >

                          > G.K.GOEL

                        • bhagavathi_hariharan
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 1, 2008
                            Dear Sunilji,

                            You are right. Actually purandara refers to any of the Gods Indra,
                            Vishnu, Shiva and Agni. The literal meaning is shattering or
                            destroying a city.

                            When I read the verse, I thought of Vishnu in the form of Lord
                            Purandara Vittala. I am a great fan of the carnatic music composer
                            Purandara Dasa, hence I did not think of Indra. The verse can have
                            several hidden meanings. Since, we do not have access to any of the
                            original slokas, it is difficult for us to interpret

                            Regards,

                            bhagavathi

                            --- In ancient_indian_astrology@yahoogroups.com, Sunil Bhattacharjya