Re: [ancient_indian_astrology] Re: How_Old_Jyotish!

  • kishore patnaik
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
      dear sreenadh,

      short and sweet but well said!

      Kishore patniak

      On 10/31/06, Sreenadh <sreesog@...> wrote:
> [...]
      >
      > --- In ancient_indian_astrology@yahoogroups.com, surya ianala
      > <suri_allam@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Om sri gurave Namah!
      > >
      > > Dear Sreeram jee, Namaskar!
      > >
      > > Thanks for comments, one thing about validation,
      > > how do you validate anything related to astrology, :-) not
      > possible for now, but yes one day, yet to come, we will or future
      > generations will be in a position to validate it and reach where our
      > great rishis stood once.
      > > "Predictiveness", this is what is required, otherwise astrology
      > or no astrology, it would not matter. As far as history is concerned
      > nothing valuable to me in this post.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > Om Namah Shivai!
      > > SPI
      > >

      > > sreeram srinivas <sreeram64@...> wrote:
      > > Scientific community has been trying to put age of
      > earth for quite a long time.....and they shall continue another few
      > centuries......each day some discovery overrides earlier age
      > calculations.......You want to join this bandwagon on astrology is
      > your wish.......research is OK but choosing endless topics is what
      > is detested........
      > >
      > > Second order of current research elsewhere.....Benefics work
      > good in Satya & Dwarpara yuga....while Malefics are the best
      > desirables in Kaliyuga......keep arguing with no end results....come
      > on you have nothing to validate...except some mythologies...to which
      > there are many versions of the same story.....
      > >
      > > Third order of research......Jupiter gave good results in Satya
      > & Dwarpara yuga...., but in Kaliyuga, it is more of Venus & Rahu
      > that delivers....!!!??!!! i.e. Jupiter & Venus have exchanged their
      > roles !!! Actively supported by those who believe in Playboy Shri
      > Acharya Rajneesh followers !!! ( Note : Would apologise for using
      > this loose statements.....do not want to incur wrath of his
      > supporters, I have NO intention to demean him or his teachings. )
      > >
      > > The list goes on & on......you are invited to continue this
      > research with zeal.....provided you are willing to quickly realise
      > that down the X number of centuries down the time lane......there
      > would be a mention of that great sage by suri_allam@... said this
      > & that.....etc... It is NOT about resistance as you mentioned,
      > but idiosyncrasies in the name of research !!!
      > >
      > > all the so-called research that you mentioned have NO relation
      > to the "predictiveness" to which you are trying to cloak your
      > research on......
      > >
      > > as for encouraging investigative questions - Why the order of
      > vimsottari dasas is Ket-Ven-Sun-Moon-Mars-Rah-Jup-Sat-Me...... is
      > the only worthwhile question......( as shared by you ).....many of
      > sincere students of astrology do have answer for it........probably
      > you also would have got it......provided if you have gone through
      > astro_classics yourself...........
      > >
      > > I have no ill-feeling towards anyone.....but for the topic
      > generated Heat !!! Shall continue to respect the individual as

    • rk dash
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
        Dear Shreenadh, dear earnest memebrs,
        The proceedings of the past few days disappointed me. Your intervention is timely. When Shri Patnaik used the trope of plantain to make a point, another member launched into a silly, irritating cut-and-paste spiel on banana. Humour may be an instrument once in a while to ensure that our exchanges are friendly and imbued with "saumayna". That is not the end.

        Those who do not care about astrology content in their post and do not think and/or study -- as Shree has pointed out in his other post -- before hitting the keyboard are advised to not mess with the space here. I was about about to give up on the forum, thinking there are no minders.

        RK Dash

        Sreenadh <sreesog@...> wrote:
        Dear Kishore ji, Surya ji,
        Please avoid such arguments, and deal with the subject.
        1) I appreciate the view of Madhu ji on astrology, calling it "Kala
        vidhana Sastra" (Science of Time), since that is one of the ancient
        names given to astrology. Astrology is the study of the rhythm of
        the solar system. And that is why Biological clock, Circadian Rhythm
        etc becomes important. I hope Madhu ji will explain his valid view
        in detail. Dear Surya ji, stop laughing a valid argument based on
        partial knowledge, rather request Madhu ji to supply further
        evidence, and try to learn.
        2) Jyothisha or Jyothi sastra (Science of light): Cant it be the
        inner light? The light that is life? Prana (Breath)? The whole of
        astrology sprung from the study of rhythm breath, as breath pattern
        is essentially linked to the human biological clock and circadian
        rhythm. A lot of scientific study is going on the field. Try to
        acquire knowledge of the same.
        3) I disagree with the translation of the word 'Sastra'
        as 'Science', whether it is done by Madhu ji or Surya ji. As I have
        mentioned several times in this forum, the ancient defenition of
        Sastra is 'Sasyathe iti sastram' meaning 'The one that advice is
        sastra' or in other words, Sastra means 'Ancient Advice'. There for
        the word Jyoti-sastra means 'Ancient advuce about Light', what ever
        that light be. The word 'Kala vidhana sastra' means, 'the ancient
        advice about the rhythm of time'.
        Dear Surya ji, please treat others with better respect, as always
        there arguments would be based on some valid foundations, instead of
        making fun off, just ask/request them to reveal what those
        foundations are; or in other words, what is the data they have
        depended upon. I am in no way against your queries or search - but
        just pointing to a maturity problem.
        Dear Kishore ji, be patient and please don't be so rude, something
        worthy may come out of this Surya ji. Let us wait and hope. :)

        <suri_allam@ ...> wrote:

        > Om sri gurave Namah!
        >
        > Dear kishore jee, Namaskar!
        >

        > It is not fare, I am trying to get some information on astrology
        and you answer it with plantains etc. and now you are asking me not
        to waste time and space. :-( not fare.

        > I thought you are more interested in plantains than astrology.
        so I gave you some information regarding plantains, but any way
        would do mind if you can write something about history of vedic
        astrology. I would really appreciate:- )

        > Asato ma sadgamaya
        > Tamaso ma jyotirgamaya
        > Mrtyorma amrtam gamaya
        > Om Shanti Shanti Shanti!
        >
        > Do you know why, lord ganesha has a elephant head?
        >
        > Om Namah Shivai!
        > SPI
        >
        > kishore patnaik <kishorepatnaik09@ ...> wrote:
        > please do not waste the space and time of others,
        >
        > Kishore patnaik
        >

        > On 10/26/06, surya ianala <suri_allam@ ...> wrote:
        Om Sri gurave Namah!
> [...]
        raising such
        > > endless debates & discussion.. ...concentrate more on the subject
        of
        > > astrology... ...do some authentic work... share with other
        members any worthy
        > > findings that you may have........ ..instead of harping on a
        single
        > > issue....... .I would also request other members NOT to respond
        to such
        > > "trivial topics" primarily intended to draw the focus away from
        core
        > > astrology... ...
        > >
        > > Mr. Surya Ianala seems to have all energies & time in writing or
        raking up
        > > none issues.....& keep dragging on endlessly... ......it is time
        moderate
        > > his e-mails for the good of the lists.....

        Yahoo! Mail.

        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        > All new Yahoo! Mail
        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        > Get news delivered. Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page.

        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        > Now you can have a huge leap forward in email: get the new Yahoo!
        Mail.

      • surya ianala
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
          Om Sri gurave Namah!
          Thanks for all those comments sweet or sour:-) but nothing valuable as far as history is concerned!
          It would not matter if you keep passing among each other, with sweet nothings,  how old is jyotish vidya? question remains?
          very sweet!

          On 10/31/06, Sreenadh <sreesog@yahoo. com> wrote:
> [...]
          > would be a mention of that great sage by suri_allam@. .. said this
          > & that.....etc. .. It is NOT about resistance as you mentioned,
          > but idiosyncrasies in the name of research !!!
          > >
          > > all the so-called research that you mentioned have NO relation
          > to the "predictiveness" to which you are trying to cloak your
          > research on......
          > >
          > > as for encouraging investigative questions - Why the order of
          > vimsottari dasas is Ket-Ven-Sun- Moon-Mars- Rah-Jup-Sat- Me...... is
          > the only worthwhile question.... ..( as shared by you ).....many of
          > sincere students of astrology do have answer for it........probably
          > you also would have got it......provided if you have gone through
          > astro_classics yourself.... .......
          > >
          > > I have no ill-feeling towards anyone.....but for the topic
          > generated Heat !!! Shall continue to respect the individual as

        • Lokesh Khosla
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 1, 2006
            Does it make a difference, how old it is?  I doubt it. So move on.