Re: [anchoragebroomball] Re: Northern Cup Championship

  • Ben Neff
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1 8:54 AM
      Sounds cool, but on short notice don't know if I can coordinate work/travel/etc. today.
      I'm looking forward to some fun broomball in town though.

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1 9:35 AM
        Thanks for the info Will.  Unfortunately my ankle is not ready for such serious play just yet.  I need to work into the broomball season slowly.  Maybe next year.  It would be a blast!  I also know two of the people who play for the Yukon News team, so thats a good contact point for getting things set up next year.
        -Jillian

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3 2:01 PM
          ANCHORAGE BROOMBALLERS!

          We have a team for WHITEHORSE! I just confirmed with Milford from Whitehorse that we are going to be playing in the great 2009 Northern Cup Championships November 13-15. Are roster is just about set as well. Justin Josh, Will, Max, Luke, Dick, Charles, and John will be holding down the fort for the guys and Bronwen, Christina, Justin's friend from Fairbanks, and Jillian (if we all guilt her into it...I love you Jillian) will be representing us for the girls. If anyone else wants to come and hangout, drink and party you are more than welcome but we will not be adding anyone else to the roster unless someone cannot go. I will be talking to Dan in Homer about possibly car pooling up there, they are bringing a school bus, or we can look into taking the RV again. We will probably have to leave late Thursday night or early friday morning to make it there on time. (Approximately 12 hour drive) They said they could schedul two games on Saturday so we do not have to try to play Friday after being in a bus for 12 hours...and probably be a little drunk. Alright, well that is as far as we are so far. Just wanted to let everyone to know so we can start getting in shape for whitehorse. ALright, lets kick some Canadian butt!

          Josh

        • Jillian Pearce
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3 2:58 PM
            Damn you All!!!!  You know I CANT miss out on this!  I may not be a big asset to the team, but consider me rostered!
            OH! This is gonna be great!!!!  :)

            Whoever got this all together, you rock!  (Although I really hate you right now!!)

            -Jillian

            BTW...how much is this gonna cost us all??  Should we start fund raising????

[...]

            • Tracy Trudell

[...]

                  • max kullberg
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 4 4:01 PM
                      Hey,
                        Not sure if this email will go through, since I think the last one got rejected.  BUT, I was thinking it would be fun to meet up at Lake Otis ice rink or another rink with big chain walls and practice hitting the ball really hard.  I think we out finessed Homer this year, but eventually got beat because that one dude could hit the ball so damn fast and high.  All our goals were swift passes or sweet lobs by Justin.  Not that we have to give that game up, but I know I'd benefit from some practice if its going to be a bashfest.  We could talk some strategy for fun.  Will, I like the idea of ice time.  Any info on the cost?

                      Max

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 4 4:26 PM
                        If u guys want to try and scrimmage a game, I can ask my guys if they're up for it. I am not making any promises but it sounds like that's what you need. John played one game with us, we play fast and hard.

                        I think the no lift rule has hindered your playing style a bit.

                        Let me know.

                        Trace

                        Sent from my iPhone