Fw: Fwd: Hiram's Goodbye Beer Mile and Kickball Circus

  • Luc Mehl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2009

      My roomie asked me to send this invite to y'all. He claims to be undefeated in the beer mile, but I can think of a few frisbee folks and b-ballers who could give him a run for the belt. Hope to see you there--

      -Luc
      ---------

      Hold onto your knickers, Ma!!!

      WHAT:

      HIRAM’S FAREWELL BEER MILE AND KICKBALL CIRCUS

      WHEN:

      Thursday, July 16, 2009  gather @ 5:30-ish, race starts @ 6:00, kickball @ 7:00

      WHERE:

      Valley of the Moon Park, C St and W 17th St, baseball diamond, east
      end of the park

      WHO:

      You and your spastic friends.  Bring whoever you like.

      WHY:

      Because after years of scheming I quit my jobby-job and I’m moving
      back Juneau (7/19) to chase whales, salmon, bears and dodge the
      raindrops.  I’ve taken a new job with the state DOT as a hydraulic
      engineer, doing river erosion, flood stage and bridge foundation
      projects.

      WHAT TO BRING:

      Uhhh, Beer?  See beer-mile requirements below.

      Frisbee

      Bocce Ball

      Somebody bring a brown paper bag for the bag game.

      I’ll bring a grill, some burgers, my tasty bunns and condiments, but
      after that the rest is up to you.

      HOW:

      All the cool kids will ride their bike there on Chester Ck Trail.
      Parking will be way sparse due to adjacent events.

      THE SCHEDULE:

      6:00            BEER MILE MALAY

      Yes, a beer mile race.  1 mile race...4 laps on a ¼ mile track…you
      must chug one can of beer at the beginning of each lap before running.
      Yes, that’s 4 beers in a short time.  Don’t worry, you can do
      it…DON’T WASTE OUR TIME WITH THE PANSY-ASS EXCUSES.  Surprisingly few
      people chunder/herf/blow/spew/ralph… but if you do it’s one penalty
      lap.  BYOB.  All beer mile beer must be in a 12 oz. can, no “light”
      beer, unopened/unmodified, no shotgunning.  Begin each lap by chugging
      a beer.  You must complete each beer before beginning the lap.  Then
      run.  Burping is essential to success.

      6:30            BUTT RATCHET INTERMISSION / CLOWNING AROUND

      This game explains itself quickly.  Fun for the whole family.

      7:00            KICKBALL THROWDOWN

      You know, like baseball but with a big red rubber ball.  Let’s kick
      some balls!  All disputed plays will be decided by a butt-ratchet-off
      between the team catchers.

      Questions, comments or outrage can be directed to hiram.  Be there or
      be jealous of the fun everyone else had…

      hiram

      907-947-7833

    • Will Corbridge
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2009
        Luc you're a sweetheart but I'm in California.