Homer Broomball Invite

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26, 2010
      Hello all you sexy broomballers, and Josh. Though we just got our first glimpse of snow and our broomball season is still a ways out, looks like Homer is off and running. I just received an email from Brandon invite any of us interested down to Homer for a mix and match broomball get together! Heres the email:

      Howdy,

      Still pretty nice out so I am sure bball is not on your mind yet, but it is down in Homer!
      I have been putting on an instructional league for new players on Wednesdays. Last night we had 14 new players come out and try it. So, our numbers look to be off to a good start down here.

      I am planning on having a early season tournament sometime during October. It is going to be a "Blind Draw" tournament. How it works:
      1. People register with me or show up by noon on Saturday
      2. $20 entry fee (covers ice fees, beer, prizes)
      3. Draw teams randomly out of a hat at noon
      4. Play broomball for a few hours
      5. Have a big broomball party afterwards

      It would be a nice start to the upcoming winter broomball season.

      I am primarily thinking of doing this on October 30th. The Down East Saloon wants us to setup a broomball halloween party that night as well.
      What could be better than broomball all day and halloween party at night?!?!?

      October 23rd is our other option. There is a team heading to the Global Championships in MN in November, so that rules out the 1st two weekends.

      Let me know ASAP if you have any interest and I will get this rolling. Please pass this on to your pals.

      Looks like fun for anyone interested in kicking off the broomball year. dont think we need to go out and get a rv or anyhting, but some fun car pooling and camping should make this a fun trip. Hit me up let me know whos interested!
      Also since I have you here who would be interested in doing a little Saturday night broomballing? Probably cost about 12-16 $ a person at the wells fargo ice rink, but it would be fun to start practicing in a little bit. Murdoch said he would be able to acquire the ice, but we needed actually numbers to pay for the ice. let me know who would be down and well see if we can't get that fired up.

      take care everyone look forward to hearing and seeing you all soon.

      Richard (JDick)
      907-232-9072 Richard_gauntt@...
    • Christine Hallas
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 27, 2010
        I think I'd be interested but October is booked for me.....going to San Diego the weekend of the 23rd and then will be hosting a Halloween party at my house on the 30th.  Cool idea though!

        To: anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 28, 2010
          Boo!  Want to go but unfortunately I will not be able to play in any tournaments this year!
          Becky

          To: anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 28, 2010
                Way to think of the Broomball group Becky jeesh. On a good note though we will have less penalties :-).
                Congrats Becky and Dereck. Dereck you'll have to start showing up a lot more to make up for Becky not being able to make it. We all know it was your fault anyways lol.

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 29, 2010
                  well geez Dick if that's how you feel, maybe I'll be permanently be out. I hate to be the one causing all the penalties for the team

                  To: anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com
                  From: richard_gauntt@...
                  Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:11:17 -0700

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 30, 2010
                    Hey everyone talked to the B man down in homer and he said te date is looking more like the 23rd of oct. Something about pee wee hockey muscled him out of the 30th weekend. :-). So if any of you are interested hit me up, should be a fun time. Later

                    To: anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com
                    From: richard_gauntt@...
                    Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:11:17 -0700

                    From: richard_gauntt@...
                    Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 06:14:15 +0000

                  • johnmahaffey@email.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 1, 2010
                      Hi Dick, not sure if I'll go or not, have to let you know closer to the date.  I'll be out of town until the middle of Oct and will have some catching up to do when I get back.
                      John