Another brother is leaving us soon

  • mralansmith
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 17, 2006
      Mr. VanWormer apparently likes Virginia better than Alaska, so he's
      leaving soon. That's cool. Matt's still a pretty nice guy, so we
      should hang out on Tuesday and/or Thursday night.

      What say ye to a Tuesday bike ride culminating in a BBQ picnic at Lynn
      Airey (sp?) Park along the Coastal Trail? That's about a mile from
      Westchester Lagoon. It is also accessible from Northern Lights, off of
      Turnagain.

      Alan
    • Allison Reed
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 17, 2006
        Alan,

        That sounds fabulous... But... What about those of us who don't have bikes?

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/kswolB/TM

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Allison Reed
        Service High School
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 17, 2006
          If you can't/decide not to bike, you could drive to the park, like Alan, off West Northern Lights, on Turnagain. I'm sure directions will be provided when the event is solid.

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 17, 2006
            God, Rip out my bleeding Heart. Why is everyone
            leaving.

            mx

            --- Ben Neff <bneffer2@...> wrote:

            > If you can't/decide not to bike, you could drive to
            > the park, like Alan, off West Northern Lights, on
            > Turnagain. I'm sure directions will be provided when
            > the event is solid.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Ben Neff
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 17, 2006
              oops, "like Alan said", not "like Alan". Sorry for the confusion and the extra message.

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 17, 2006
                Allison, you're welcome to ride on my handlebars. My question is how will
                we BBQ if we bike there?

                -Will

                >From: "Allison Reed" <allison.j.reed@...>
                >To: anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [anchoragebroomball] Another brother is leaving us soon
                >Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:29:15 -0800
                >
                >Alan,
                >
                >That sounds fabulous... But... What about those of us who don't have bikes?
                >
                >On 7/16/06, mralansmith <mralansmith@...> wrote:
                >>
                >>Mr. VanWormer apparently likes Virginia better than Alaska, so he's
                >>leaving soon. That's cool. Matt's still a pretty nice guy, so we
                >>should hang out on Tuesday and/or Thursday night.
                >>
                >>What say ye to a Tuesday bike ride culminating in a BBQ picnic at Lynn
                >>Airey (sp?) Park along the Coastal Trail? That's about a mile from
                >>Westchester Lagoon. It is also accessible from Northern Lights, off of
                >>Turnagain.
                >>
                >>Alan
                >>

                >>Yahoo! Groups Links
                >>

                >--
                >Allison Reed
                >Service High School
                >5577 Abbott Road
                >Anchorage, AK 99507
              • Jami Viergets
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 17, 2006
                  Ohhhh. Hi. I miss y'all. Hope you had fun in Alaska
                  Matt. Minneapolis is beautiful and hot!! I've been
                  playing lots of ultimate and nearly passing out from
                  heat exhaustion... not really... well maybe really:)
                  But it's worth it, of course.
                  So as it turns out, Minnesota is quite the broomball
                  mecca. Most of the best teams in the nation are here.
                  I guess that means Alaska's studly broomball team
                  (Yeah, that's you guys! You're studs. You know it:)
                  is just going to have to come visit and show these
                  Minnesotans how to play broomball Alaska style! - you
                  know, beer in one hand, cell phone in the other;)

                  Love y'all, miss y'all
                  Jami:)

                  --- will corbridge <wcorbridge@...> wrote:

                  > Allison, you're welcome to ride on my handlebars.
                  > My question is how will
                  > we BBQ if we bike there?
                  >
                  > -Will
                  >

                  > >From: "Allison Reed" <allison.j.reed@...>
                  > >To: anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com
                  > >Subject: Re: [anchoragebroomball] Another brother
                  > is leaving us soon
                  > >Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:29:15 -0800
                  > >
                  > >Alan,
                  > >
                  > >That sounds fabulous... But... What about those of
                  > us who don't have bikes?
                  > >
                  > >On 7/16/06, mralansmith <mralansmith@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >>Mr. VanWormer apparently likes Virginia better
                  > than Alaska, so he's
                  > >>leaving soon. That's cool. Matt's still a pretty
                  > nice guy, so we
                  > >>should hang out on Tuesday and/or Thursday night.
                  > >>
                  > >>What say ye to a Tuesday bike ride culminating in
                  > a BBQ picnic at Lynn
                  > >>Airey (sp?) Park along the Coastal Trail? That's
                  > about a mile from
                  > >>Westchester Lagoon. It is also accessible from
                  > Northern Lights, off of
                  > >>Turnagain.
                  > >>
                  > >>Alan
                  > >>

                  > >>Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >>

                  > >--
                  > >Allison Reed
                  > >Service High School
                  > >5577 Abbott Road
                  > >Anchorage, AK 99507

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • mralansmith
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 17, 2006
                    How can we BBQ by bike? Does the park even have a BBQ? Does Alan have
                    a brain?

                    All good questions, my friends.

                    I don't know. I guess I portmanteau-ed two disparate themes, bike
                    riding and BBQing. Goose Lake is nice, too. Maybe we should go there
                    instead, 7pm. That's where it all started...Any other ideas are
                    appreciated. I'll firm this up by noon Tuesday.

                    Alan

                    --- In anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com, Jami Viergets <jamiv23@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Ohhhh. Hi. I miss y'all. Hope you had fun in Alaska
                    > Matt. Minneapolis is beautiful and hot!! I've been
                    > playing lots of ultimate and nearly passing out from
                    > heat exhaustion... not really... well maybe really:)
                    > But it's worth it, of course.
                    > So as it turns out, Minnesota is quite the broomball
                    > mecca. Most of the best teams in the nation are here.
                    > I guess that means Alaska's studly broomball team
                    > (Yeah, that's you guys! You're studs. You know it:)
                    > is just going to have to come visit and show these
                    > Minnesotans how to play broomball Alaska style! - you
                    > know, beer in one hand, cell phone in the other;)
                    >
                    > Love y'all, miss y'all
                    > Jami:)
                    >
                    > --- will corbridge <wcorbridge@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Allison, you're welcome to ride on my handlebars.
                    > > My question is how will
                    > > we BBQ if we bike there?
                    > >
                    > > -Will
                    > >

                    > > >From: "Allison Reed" <allison.j.reed@...>
                    > > >To: anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com
                    > > >Subject: Re: [anchoragebroomball] Another brother
                    > > is leaving us soon
                    > > >Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:29:15 -0800
                    > > >
                    > > >Alan,
                    > > >
                    > > >That sounds fabulous... But... What about those of
                    > > us who don't have bikes?

                    > > than Alaska, so he's
                    > > nice guy, so we

                    > > a BBQ picnic at Lynn
                    > > about a mile from
                    > > Northern Lights, off of

                    > > >--
                    > > >Allison Reed
                    > > >Service High School
                    > > >5577 Abbott Road
                    > > >Anchorage, AK 99507

                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Matt VanWormer
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 17, 2006
                      Goose Lake would be a nice venue for a BBQ -
                      Plus, for anyone that has a bike, and is interested, there could be a community ride to follow.  Maybe to go eat some ice cream somewhere.  Authorities report that Sunday was National Ice Cream Day.  We'd only be two days late, which isn't so bad.

                      We also just missed New Zealand's National Nude Day - but we are in Alaska, not New Zealand, so we might be able to skip out on those festivities.

                      - Soon (but not so soon) to be leaving,   Matt

                      rel=nofollow>anchoragebroomball@ yahoogroups. com
                      > > >Subject: Re: [anchoragebroomball ] Another brother
                      > > is leaving us soon
                      > > >Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:29:15 -0800
                      > > >
                      > > >Alan,
                      > > >
                      > > >That sounds fabulous... But... What about those of
                      > > us who don't have bikes?

                      > > than Alaska, so he's
                      > > nice guy, so we

                      > > a BBQ picnic at Lynn
                      That's
                      > > about a mile from
                      > > Northern Lights, off of

                      > > >--
                      > > >Allison Reed
                      > > >Service High School
                      > > >5577 Abbott Road
                      > > >Anchorage, AK 99507

                      > Do You Yahoo!?
                      > Tired of spam? Yahoo!
                      Mail has the best spam protection around
                      > http://mail. yahoo.com

                    • Jillian Pearce

                        wrote:

                        > Ohhhh. Hi. I miss y'all. Hope you had fun in Alaska
                        > Matt. Minneapolis is beautiful and hot!! I've been
                        > playing lots of ultimate and nearly passing out from
                        > heat exhaustion.. . not really... well maybe really:)
                        > But it's worth it, of course.
                        > So as it turns out, Minnesota is quite the broomball
                        > mecca. Most of the best teams in the nation are here.
                        > I guess that means Alaska's studly broomball team
                        > (Yeah, that's you guys! You're studs. You know it:)
                        > is just going to have to come visit and show these
                        > Minnesotans how to play broomball Alaska style! - you
                        > know, beer in one hand, cell phone in the other;)
                        >
                        > Love y'all, miss y'all
                        > Jami:)
                        >
                        > --- will corbridge <wcorbridge@ ...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Allison, you're welcome to ride on my handlebars.
                        > > My question is how will
                        > > we BBQ if we bike there?
                        > >
                        > > -Will
                        > >

                        > > >From: "Allison Reed" <allison.j.reed@ ...>
                        > > >To: anchoragebroomball@ yahoogroups. com
                        > > >Subject: Re: [anchoragebroomball ] Another brother
                        > > is leaving us soon
                        > > >Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:29:15 -0800
                        > > >
                        > > >Alan,
                        > > >
                        > > >That sounds fabulous... But... What about those of
                        > > us who don't have bikes?

                        > > than Alaska, so he's
                        > > nice guy, so we

                        > > a BBQ picnic at Lynn
                        > > about a mile from
                        > > Northern Lights, off of

                        > > >--
                        > > >Allison Reed
                        > > >Service High School
                        > > >5577 Abbott Road
                        > > >Anchorage, AK 99507

                        > Do You Yahoo!?
                        > http://mail. yahoo.com

                      • Jillian Pearce
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 18, 2006
                          I know this is kind of a long shot since most of you play ultimate, not soccer.  But, we have gotten together a coed soccer team to play in a tourny at the end of the month...July 28th and 29th in Wasilla.  Should be a really fun weekend of soccer/camping/hangin out. However, we are still in need of a goalie...or at least a brave soul willing to stand in the net.  If anyone is interested or knows anyone who may be, we would love to have you!
                          Thanks, Jillian

                          Groups are talking. We’re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.
                        • mralansmith
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 18, 2006
                            Alright, so I Goose Lake it is. Matt, you may want to bring a towel.

                            7pm.

                            Is there already a grill? I will get a small charcoal one unless
                            someone knows there is already one there.

                            Alan

                            --- In anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com, Jillian Pearce
                            <jillianmarie79@...> wrote:

                            > What? Matts going to leave before he ever sets foot on Goose Lake
                            in the below zero bliss of Jan? And he calls himself part of our
                            broomball clan!?!?!? The nerve of some people! Maybe we should break
                            out the nets, brooms and balls and play a bit of "broomball field
                            hockey" of sorts so he can really call himself part of the Anchor Town
                            Broomball clan. Just an idea...
                            > Well, if there is a BBQ tongiht, I'll be late but I'll try and
                            make it. I miss all you guys!
                            > Later,
                            > Jillian
                            > Matt VanWormer <mtvw1@...> wrote:
                            > Goose Lake would be a nice venue for a BBQ -
                            > Plus, for anyone that has a bike, and is interested, there could
                            be a community ride to follow. Maybe to go eat some ice cream
                            somewhere. Authorities report that Sunday was National Ice Cream Day.
                            We'd only be two days late, which isn't so bad.

                            > We also just missed New Zealand's National Nude Day - but we are
                            in Alaska, not New Zealand, so we might be able to skip out on those
                            festivities.

                            > - Soon (but not so soon) to be leaving, Matt

                            Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

                          • Ben Neff
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 18, 2006
                              Put me on your list as your absolute, rock-bottom, last resort. Do you have goalie gloves?
                              Ben (soccer enthusiast, slighty "stiff" goalie)

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 18, 2006
                                I will bring a couple packs of hot dog like things, buns, maybe some condiments.
                                I have a bag of chips as well.

                                Also, I'll be wearing my life-sustaining electro defillibrator techno-magic monitoring system  - my heart stops beating if it touches water.

                                - Matt

                                <mtvw1@...> wrote:
                                > Goose Lake would be a nice venue for a BBQ -
                                > Plus, for anyone that has a bike, and is interested, there could
                                be a community ride to follow. Maybe to go eat some ice cream
                                somewhere. Authorities report that Sunday was National Ice Cream Day.
                                We'd only be two days late, which isn't so bad.

                                > We also just missed New Zealand's National Nude Day - but we are
                                in Alaska, not New Zealand, so we might be able to skip out on those
                                festivities.

                                > - Soon (but not so soon) to be leaving, Matt

                                AK 99507

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 18, 2006
                                  What should everybody bring? Or we could just eat at the cafe - they have
                                  good pizza.

                                • mralansmith
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 18, 2006
                                    I'm grilling a fresh salmon to share and drinking a beer or three. Anyone else is welcome to be all up in my grill, eat pizza, bring salad, whatever. I might be  over by the covered picnic area. Bye now.

                                    Alan

                                    --- In anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com, "will corbridge" <wcorbridge@...> wrote:

                                    > What should everybody bring? Or we could just eat at the cafe - they have
                                    > good pizza.
                                    >

                                    > >From: Jillian Pearce jillianmarie79@...
                                    > >To: anchoragebroomball@yahoogroups.com
                                    > >Subject: Re: [anchoragebroomball] Re: Another brother is leaving us
                                    > >soon...what was Alan thinking?
                                    > >Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:06:51 -0700 (PDT)
                                    > >
                                    > >What? Matts going to leave before he ever sets foot on Goose Lake in the
                                    > >below zero bliss of Jan? And he calls himself part of our broomball
                                    > >clan!?!?!? The nerve of some people! Maybe we should break out the nets,
                                    > >brooms and balls and play a bit of "broomball field hockey" of sorts so he
                                    > >can really call himself part of the Anchor Town Broomball clan. Just an
                                    > >idea...
                                    > > Well, if there is a BBQ tongiht, I'll be late but I'll try and make it.
                                    > >I miss all you guys!
                                    > > Later,
                                    > > Jillian
                                    > >Matt VanWormer mtvw1@... wrote:
                                    > > Goose Lake would be a nice venue for a BBQ -
                                    > > Plus, for anyone that has a bike, and is interested, there could be a
                                    > >community ride to follow. Maybe to go eat some ice cream somewhere.
                                    > >Authorities report that Sunday was National Ice Cream Day. We'd only be
                                    > >two days late, which isn't so bad.
                                    > >
                                    > > We also just missed New Zealand's National Nude Day - but we are in
                                    > >Alaska, not New Zealand, so we might be able to skip out on those
                                    > >festivities.
                                    > >
                                    > > - Soon (but not so soon) to be leaving, Matt

                                  • Matt VanWormer
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 18, 2006
                                      that sounds like a pretty good idea...it is easier than setting up/ coordinating a bbq

                                      <mralansmith@...>

                                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/kswolB/TM

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 20, 2006
                                        Hi Jami,
                                        Meghan's father was just talking my ear off the other day about how there's a community of Minnesota people here in Alaska and how they're going to come out for broomball this winter. I wonder, but maybe he's right.
                                        We should have gone to see more movies, I have the hardest time finding someone to go with now... dang it. Miss you !
                                        Ben

                                        --- will corbridge <wcorbridge@hotmail. com> wrote:

                                        > Allison, you're welcome to ride on my handlebars.
                                        > My question is how will
                                        > we BBQ if we bike there?

                                        -Will

                                        > >From: "Allison Reed" <allison.j.reed@ gmail.com>
                                        > >To: anchoragebroomball@ yahoogroups. com
                                        > >Subject: Re: [anchoragebroomball ] Another brother
                                        > is leaving us soon
                                        > >Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:29:15 -0800
                                        > >
                                        > >Alan,
                                        > >
                                        > >That sounds fabulous... But... What about those of
                                        > us who don't have bikes?
                                        > >
                                        > >On 7/16/06, mralansmith <mralansmith@ hotmail.com>
                                        > wrote:
                                        > >>
                                        > >>Mr. VanWormer apparently likes Virginia better
                                        > than Alaska, so he's
                                        > >>leaving soon. That's cool. Matt's still a pretty
                                        > nice guy, so we
                                        > >>should hang out on Tuesday and/or Thursday night.
                                        > >>
                                        > >>What say ye to a Tuesday bike ride culminating in
                                        > a BBQ picnic at Lynn
                                        > >>Airey (sp?) Park along the Coastal Trail? That's
                                        > about a mile from
                                        > >>Westchester Lagoon. It is also accessible from
                                        > Northern Lights, off of
                                        > >>Turnagain.
                                        > >>
                                        > >>Alan
                                        > >>

                                        > >>Yahoo! Groups Links