Re: Uploading gedcom question

  • ancestral.atlas
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2010
      Any information you add is, by default, private to you. If you add an event to a map pin, you will be able to see the pin and the associated information but no-one else will - unless you make the event 'public'. However, even then, you cannot make an event public if it breaks our "120 Year Rule", which states:
      An event can only be made public if it is associated with a deceased person, or if the event took place more than 120 years ago. A person is considered deceased if there is a death event associated with them or if the 'Deceased' tick box is ticked in that person's record.

      When you upload a GEDCOM file, you can ask that all events are made public by default - saving you lots of time manually changing every record. However, this process is still constrained by the 120 Year Rule. So nothing that can be considered to be associated with a living individual can be made public.

      - The Ancestral Atlas Team