Re: Private vs Public

  • mhbowes11
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2010
      On a different private/public note, I just uploaded my gedcom and requested that it be public. While I am logged in I can see the information for living individuals. Is that only because it is my gedcom and your system knows that? In other words, is there some glitch where somebody else can view my living individuals, or is it arranged so that I can see them but no one else can when the data is public?

      Thanks
      [Please excuse any voice recognition errors I may have missed.]
    • ancestral.atlas
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2010
        You're correct - you can see all your individuals (public or private) because you're logged in and the system knows which events belong to you.
        If you log out, you will only be able to see your public events (this is what everyone else sees, even if they are logged in).

        - The Ancestral Atlas Team