17Re: Private vs Public

  • ancestral.atlas
    Jun 1, 2009
      Lee,
      What you're asking for is not available yet though it is high on the list on enhancements.

      What we hope to allow you to do is to specify, at the time of upload, whether you'd like your events to be made public by default - where possible. Please remember that we do not want any event associated with a living person to be public to protect that person's privacy - so each event uploaded will be subject to this rule.

      This functionality will hopefully be available within the next few weeks once we've finished the functionality to automatically geo-reference uploaded GEDCOM events.

      The Ancestral Atlas Team

      --- In ancestral_atlas@yahoogroups.com, "lee_cffn" <lee_cffn@...> wrote:

      > I just uploaded my gedcom and see that all events are marked private.
      >
      > I want my information to be public - is there any way to change everything at once?
      >
      > I tried to change one event from private to public using the event properties box that pops up on the right hand side. I check the box for Public visibility then save but it does not seem to work!
      >
      > I don't find any help for this.
      >
      > Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic