RS290 Flash Update

  • ethanzer0
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
      I notice on the AS site there is a download available for the RS290.
      There is a firmware update and a zip file containing presets. Has
      anybody applied the firmware update? Does anybody what the firmware
      update changes?

      Thanks,

      Ethan
    • Bakis Sirros
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
        hi list,
        while we're on the rs290...what sounds can it do???can
        it do great tape-echo sounds????can it do warm chorus
        or flanger effects????if anybody has used
        it,please,tell us ,in detail, what sounds it is best
        for.
        thanks,
        bakis.

        --- ethanzer0 <ethanzer0@...> wrote:
        > I notice on the AS site there is a download
        > available for the RS290.
        > There is a firmware update and a zip file
        > containing presets. Has
        > anybody applied the firmware update? Does anybody
        > what the firmware
        > update changes?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Ethan

        =====
        synthfreak(parallel worlds)
        athens-greece
        [Doepfer_a100] group owner

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Peter Grenader
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
          All of the above - actually, all of the below. The RS290 is a DSP-based
          delay, which is fast enough to give you chorus and flanging effects, and
          slow enough for that age-old echoplex thing thing thing thing thing
          thing thing...

          The best part of it though, is the fact that it is set up for analog control
          - so if it were set up as a flanger, an external voltage can be supplied
          which would bring the repeat rate down to the echoplex range but quick -
          it's all very fun. A matter of fact, all of the I/Os on the unit have an
          external control input. If you've got a pot to shape something, there's a
          VC input for it as well.

          There are up to two independant assign pots (depending on if you have the
          expander, which I would strongly suggest you do so that future OSs and
          presets can be loaded). These assign pots also have their own VC input and
          are assignable through the unit's software to control anyone of a number of
          things, including: pan position, damping, bit depth, stereo echo depth, LFO
          frequency, LFO amount and more. And yes, there is also an internal software
          LFO which can also be assigned to a bunch of stuff inside the unit as well.

          The unit also turns into a roast beef sandwitch at midnight, and will
          mysteriously appear again in the morning as a delay unit --> A tribute the
          the excellence of Bob Willian's programmer's knowledge.

          =====
          synthfreak(parallel worlds)
          athens-greece
          [Doepfer_a100] group owner

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          Peter Grenader

          http://www.buzzclick-music.com

          "Because of the decline in music education, we're producing not only
          illiterate musical audiences, but arrogant ones. They have no idea what
          music has been. So how can they have any idea what music is or could be?"

          - Milton Babbitt

        • ps_minor
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
            > The unit also turns into a roast beef sandwitch at midnight, and will
            > mysteriously appear again in the morning as a delay unit --> A tribute the
            > the excellence of Bob Willian's programmer's knowledge.

            mmm... roast beef. maybe this means we'll eventually be able to upgrade to
            a DSP 'snack enhancer' to go along with it. : )
            -psm
          • Bakis Sirros
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
              hi peter,
              really,really,REALLY interesting!!!i got to have it in
              the near future!:-)
              thanks for the info,
              bakis.

              =====

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
                > There are up to two independant assign pots (depending on if you
                > have the expander, which I would strongly suggest you do so that
                > future OSs and presets can be loaded).

                This is the reason for my original post.
                There is an O.S. upgrade posted on the AS
                site, however, the directions do not jive
                with the menu's in my modules. Has anybody
                applied the O.S. update or presets? The
                instructions make mention of a sub-menu
                entitled "misc." I have no such sub-menu.
                I know that the assign 2 knob is working on
                the expander because I can adjust damping
                with it. Any pointers?

                Thanks,

                Ethan