Question About Extensions and Pro and What Not

  • daclmi
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 16, 2003
      I am/was a novice programmer who learned Atari 8bit BASIC initially
      but did the most on the original AMOS. I never did get to be very good
      but I enjoyed it a bit certainly. I still follow the Amiga scene and
      am active in my area user group.

      I am writing to ask for advice on putting an AMOS program ina
      workbench window. All of my programs have opened and used the whole
      screen, but I would like them in a window on the Workbench screen. It
      seems to me that there was an extension that allowed this. I am also
      interested in an extension that allows the use of retargetable
      graphics (RTG) so that my programs cooperate with expansion graphics
      cards and perhaps even with the modern PPC systems that are beginning
      to appear.

      Can anyone point me in the right direction? Which extension should I
      download? Should I start using AMOS Pro immediately (I downloaded it
      from B2R but am still more comfortable with original AMOS)? Thanks!

      PS: I stumbled across the new AMOS Factory webpage
      (http://www.liquido2.com) which seems very nice!
    • Rev. Giark
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 16, 2003
        The GUI extension will do what you want. Yes, upgrade to APro right away.
        Once you've used it for a while, you'll wonder why you didn't switch years
        ago.

        > I am writing to ask for advice on putting an AMOS program ina
        > workbench window.
        > Can anyone point me in the right direction? Which extension should I
        > download? Should I start using AMOS Pro immediately (I downloaded it
        > from B2R but am still more comfortable with original AMOS)? Thanks!

        ---