Filmmaking Duet Wrap up another Short Film on Growing Up

  • Amman Filmmakers
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 1:34 AM
      FILMMAKING DUET WRAP UP ANOTHER SHORT FILM ON CHILDHOOD

      April, 1, 2009

      Cooperative Filmmakers Sajeda Abusaif and Alabbas Saed have completed their short film titled Never Grow Up about a young girl too eager to be an adult.

      Leaning on her experience as a kindergarten teacher who also works with orphaned children, co-director Sajeda Abousaif's film idea was inspired by her students. "I see too many children being denied their childhood, forced to grow up too soon because of war and poverty, and I see other children who enjoy a normal childhood and want to play adults," said Sajeda Abousaif.

      Jordanian-Palestinian Co-director Alabbas Saed lived with his family in Kuwait, but after the US-Iraq war of 1991, their fortunes took a turn for the worse. He remembers how as a child he had to support the family along with his brothers. "This film is personal," said Alabbas Saed. "I want children who see this film to enjoy their childhood and to not rush it."

      This is the second collaboration for the two filmmakers after co-directing the short film Free to Fly in 2007, which screened at various film festivals such the San Francisco Arab Film Festival, Jordan Short Film Festival, and Sarajevo Winter Festival.

      Both filmmakers are currently involved in producing educational and informational films for charities.

      RELATED LINKS

      FILM: Free to Fly by Sajeda Abousaif & Alabbas Saed
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pu0IYG__pk

      FILM: I Love Books by Alabbas Saed & Co.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwDFulg5wiY

      FILM: Emergency by Sajeda Abousaif & Co.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN-jZU0Qw4E

      CONTACT
      Hazim Bitar
      JordanianFilms@...