Struggle in Jarash, the first Jordanian feature film, is now on YouTube

  • Amman Filmmakers
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2008
      The Amman Filmmakers Cooperative

      August 4, 2008

      To preserve Jordanian cinema history, and to share it with a global
      audience, we have made available on YouTube the first Jordanian
      feature film, titled Struggle in Jarash (1957).

      At this time, the film is in Arabic and is not subtitled in any other
      language. We are seeking support to help in the subtitling of this
      historical film into different languages.

      We are grateful to film critic Adnan Madanat for sharing this jewel
      from the archives of the Abdulhameed Shoman Library in Amman, Jordan.

      Since YouTube imposes a 10-minuet limitation on each uploaded video
      clip, we have segmented the feature film into 7 video clips that will
      play sequentially from a YouTube playlist.

      - YouTube Playlist link:

      - Alternative Playlist link:

      FILM CARD:

      Title: Struggle in Jaarash
      Synopsis: A tourist develops a love affair with her father's friend
      who is protecting her from gangsters.
      Director: Wassif Sheik Yassin
      Country: Jordan
      Length: 70 min
      Year: 1957
      Script: Sameer Muta'we
      Story: Fakhry Abaza
      Cinematographer: Ibrahim Sarhan
      Cast: Ahmad Ibrahim, Samia Habib, Wassif Sheik Yassin, Subhi Mustafa,
      along with Amaal Izzat, Waleed Kurdi, Ali Abusabra, Ghazi Hawash,
      Darweesh Maredi
      Producer: Jordanian Film and Performing Arts Co.

      RELATED LINKS:

      - JORDAN'S FEATURE FILM, WHODUNNIT IT FIRST AND LAST?
      http://ammanfilmmakers.alif.com/apr-02-08-firstfeature.htm

      - DEFENDING OUR PIONEERS
      http://ammanfilmmakers.alif.com/nov-25-07-struggle-in-jarash-first.htm

      CONTACT: