Jordan's 1st Mobile Movie Compeititon - 60 Seconds of Video Can Win 1000 Euros

  • Amman Filmmakers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2007
      TOYOTA AND AMMAN FILMMAKERS COOPERATIVE
      LAUNCH THE YARIS-AFC MOBILE MOVIE COMPETITION

      (JORDAN - JULY 9,2007) The Amman Filmmakers Cooperative (AFC), in
      partnership with Toyota-Jordan, announces the launch of the 1st
      Yaris-AFC Mobile Movie Competition to coincide with the Jordan Short
      Film Festival (JSFF'07), to be held from August 24-30, 2007. A total
      of 3000 Euros have been committed to winning movies.

      The competition seeks to capitalize on the rapid growth of
      ultra-portable and mobile phone video cameras and the growing interest
      in compact mobile movies.

      "We see mobile movies as a potential bridge technology that will
      entice more people into the world of filmmaking," said Hazim Bitar,
      founder and director of the Jordan Short Film Festival and the Amman
      Filmmakers Cooperative (AFC)."This is an opportunity to encourage
      budding talents from the early stages."

      Nadeem Haddad of Toyota-Jordan said "We are excited by the launch of
      this competition which underscores our company's commitment to our
      youth. We have chosen to associate this competition with our Toyota
      Yaris model because of the youthful energy this competition will
      generate."

      The director of the Best Mobile Movie will win a prize of 1000 Euros.
      Second and third places will be awarded 500 and 300 Euros
      respectively. The financial awards will be given to filmmakers
      residing in Jordan. Six additional movies will be selected to win
      200 Euros each.

      A jury of three young artists will vote on the submitted films and the
      winners will be announced during the awards ceremonies of the Jordan
      Short Film Festival 2007 on August 30, 2007. Deadline for mobile movie
      submission is August 15th, 2007.

      The Amman Filmmakers Cooperative is a non-profit, cultural initiative
      aimed at promoting independent Arab filmmaking. Toyota-Jordan is the
      national dealer for the world's most reliable and best selling
      automobiles.

      For competition rules and movie uploads:
      http://www.JordanFilmFestival.com/mobile

      Toyota Yaris:
      http://yaris-is-you.com

      Competition pamphlet: