REGISTER - AFC's Intro to Filmmaking Workshop - Friday/Saturday Oct 21,22 2005
- The Amman Filmmakers Cooperative
Oct 17, 2005
INTRO TO DOC FILMMAKING WORKSHOP
W/LIVE DEMO & IN-CLASS FILM PROJECT
In this workshop, students will learn the basic skills to complete
short productions, using a digital video camera and computer-based
editing software. There will be a live demonstration of the workings
of the DV camera and film editing software. Students and instructor
will together produce a one-minuet documentary.
This is the workshop that sent films by filmmakers Aseel Mansour,
Ammar Quttaineh, and others to film festivals in Ismailia, Athens, to
Tangier and Dubai.
Friday Oct 21, 2005 | 10:30am - 3:30pm
Saturday Oct 22, 2005 | 10:30am - 3:30pm
To be determined
5 JD for workshop preparations. Must be paid in advance to finalize
registration for selected applicants.
For inquiries contact Hazim Bitar.
Interested applicants must complete registration form to be considered
for the workshop. Registration does not guarantee workshop enrollment
in this workshop. Seating is limited.
to open registration form.
PART I - FILMMAKING CONCEPTS, & LIFECYCLE
- What is the Amman Filmmakers Cooperative?
- Assumptions, expectations, and plan of action.
- Screening of selected short films produced by AFC filmmakers.
- Common mistakes committed by beginners.
- Ethics of the business: defamation, staging, objectivity,
copyrights, and fair use.
PART II - PRE-PRODUCTION PLANNING
- Structuring the story.
- Interview preparations.
- Permits & clearances.
- Location scouting.
- Shooting script.
PART III - PRODUCTION
- Video camera basics.
- Shot angles.
- Framing the shot.
- Conducting the interviews.
- Logging footage.
- Audio & lighting issues.
PART IV - POST-PRODUCTION
- Editing workstation configuration.
- Editing tools of the trade.
- Logging the relevant film cuts.
- Capturing footage from camera to PC.
- Arranging film footage using editing software.
- Music track.
- Incorporating photos/graphics.
- Assembling the rough cut.
- Exporting to CD.
PART V - REAL-WORLD FILM PROJECT
Putting it all together: The instructor will demonstrate key
filmmaking concepts described in the workshop by producing a short
Content of workshop may change without notice. For updates visit:
ABOUT THE AFC
The Amman Filmmakers Cooperative (AFC) is a not-for-profit cultural
initiative and talent incubator that aims to promote and encourage
independent filmmaking through training, experimentation, and networking.
# # #