AFC Filmmaker Quttaineh Grabs the Gold

  • Amman Filmmakers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      The Amman Filmmakers Cooperative (AFC)

      AFC FILMMAKER AMMAR QUTTAINEH WINS GOLDEN
      AWARD AT JORDANIAN SHORT FILM COMPETITION

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      (July 1, 2005 - AMMAN) The newly established Higher Council for
      Jordanian Movie Productions handed the Golden Award for Short Drama to
      Ammar Quttaineh for his film "Overdose." The award entails a cash
      reward of 2800 USD.

      Additionally, Dalia Alkury and Yahya Abdallah shared the Bronze Award
      for the Short Documentary. AFC filmmakers Aseel Masour and Omar Saleh
      each received a certificate of recognition for their films Alert Guns
      and Decision Man, respectively. Both films have made it to the short
      list.

      The selection committee of the competition decided to withhold the
      Golden Awards for the short documentary and for animation.

      Quttaineh, whose film "Overdose" also won the Audience Golden Choice
      Award at the Jordanian Short Film Festival '05 back in April, is
      currently in Dubai working in the field of customer service for an
      automobile manufacturer.

      "I am deeply honored to be awarded first place by both the Jordanian
      audiences and by representatives of the Jordanian intelligentsia,"
      commented filmmaker Quttaineh. "I owe it to my talented cast and crew
      and to the support I had received from the Amman Filmmakers Cooperative."

      The cast and crew of "Overdose" include AFC screen stars Majd Hajjawi,
      Sameh Hajjawi, Ammar Omary, as well as filmmakers Omar Saleh, Rabee
      Zureikat, and Yahya Abdallah. Others who had contributed to this film
      include Rawan Zeine, Steve Ali, Mohamad Saqfalhait, Munther
      Quttaineh, Hunien Madi, Muna Mufti, Bilal Fakhanji, and many others.

      "This award is important because of the independence of the selection
      committee," said Hazim Bitar, coordinator of the Amman Filmmakers
      Cooperative. "We will not take this award for granted; we are
      constantly improving our curriculum and our filmmaking techniques."

      "Overdose" is an experimental dark comedy about a news reporter from a
      local newspaper (Majd Hajjawi) and her quest to adjust to a new world
      order seemingly dominated from afar by neo-conservatives and at home
      by neo-liberals.

      For more information about Ammar Quttaineh's profile:
      http://ammanfilmmakers.alif.com/profile-ammar.htm

      For information about AFC filmmakers and films:
      http://ammanfilmmakers.alif.com/filmmakers-bios.htm
      http://ammanfilmmakers.alif.com/student-films.htm

      For more information, please contact AmmanFilmmakers@... or call
      +962 (0) 79.530.8232.