5 AFC films in UAE | actors wanted | ScRiPTOmAnIa | | we r open to non-AFC filmmakers
- The Amman Filmmakers Cooperative (AFC)
BEST WISHES FOR 2005
January 1, 2005
1) EMIRATES FILM COMPETITION '05 TO SCREEN FIVE AFC FILMS.
2) CASTING CALL: EXTRA ACTORS NEEDED FOR AFC FILM.
3) ATTENTION NON-AFC FILMMAKERS: SEND YOUR FILMS TO FESTIVALS.
4) AFC FILMMAKERS UPDATE.
5) COMING SOON! AFC's ScRiPTOmAnIa VIRTUAL SAFE HOUSE.
6) COOL LINK: Adobe Support Forums.
1) EMIRATES FILM COMPETITION TO SCREEN FIVE AFC FILMS
The following AFC films have been selected to screen at the Emirates
Film Competition (EFC) scheduled for March 2005:
* Made in China by Dalia Alkury
* Nightmares of Reality by Aseel Mansour & Razan Khatib
* Alert Guns by Aseel Mansour
* Tough Luck by Ammar Quttaineh
* Death by Chocolate by the AFC Class of May '04 (Sameh Hajjawi, Maise
& Hussam Hamarneh, Seren Ahmad, Salwa Shaksheir, Marianne Sahouri,
Lina Soufan, Yaman Jundi)
While only Emirati films can participate in the competition, other
films are considered for their artistic and technical merit to screen
in the Panorama venue.
For more information about the films and the filmmakers:
2) CASTING CALL: EXTRA ACTORS NEEDED FOR AFC FILM
Filmmaker Ammar Quttaineh who is currently in pre-production for his
upcoming short comedy, is seeking volunteer actors. To learn about
Ammar and his films:
- The audition is tentatively scheduled for Monday January 3, 2005 at
- Exact location of audition will be shared with confirmed persons.
TO SIGN UP:
- If you are interested, please confirm by sending an SMS with your
full name to 079/5308232. Include your email if you are not on the AFC
- You will be notified of audition place either via email or SMS.
- The roles are not demanding and do not require prior acting
- Shooting will take place either on weekends or after 6pm during the
- Most parts do not require more than one day, 4 hours per day.
3) ATTENTION NON-AFC FILMMAKERS: SEND YOUR FILMS TO FESTIVALS
So you are not an AFC filmmaker but you have an original film that you
would like to take to the film festivals? No problem.
If you can put your film on a DVD or provide us with a DVD-compliant
MPEG2 file, we will include your film in our film festival
As with other AFC filmmakers, you must share the cost of mailing, to
be divided equally by all filmmakers included in the film festival
You will also enjoy the benefits of the ADOPT-A-JORDANIAN-FILM program
and have your film sent to festivals at no cost for each sponsored
film festival mailing.
Interested? Call AFC 079/5308232.
For more info a bout the ADOPT-A-JORDANIAN-FILM program:
4) AFC FILMMAKERS UPDATE
MAISE & HUSSAM HAMARNEH are busy writing a script for a short comedy.
Recently, they both acquired a new Sony DV camera and an editing PC.
There is no stopping the Hamarneh now.
SUHAD KHATIB has landed her first production job. She will be involved
in the production of a biographical documentary. Concurrently, she is
developing the script for her next short drama code-named Beit
o'Shajar (House and Trees).
AMMAR QUTTAINEH is now in pre-production for his next comedy. The
script is so bizarre we code-named his film Tough Luck Reloaded.
Shooting schedule is set for the next week or two. See casting call
earlier in this message.
YAHYA ABDALLAH has produced a number of independent short documentary
films as part of a film cooperative he had launched at the
International Baccalaureate School.
RAZAN KHATIB is heading to Canada to pursue advanced media studied. So
far, AFC filmmakers Yazan Doughan and Muna Asmar are also pursuing
advanced degrees in media studies. More to follow suit.
DALIA ALKURY will be returning from Canada mid-January to write the
script for her next film.
5) COMING SOON! AFC's ScRiPTOmAnIa VIRTUAL SAFE HOUSE
Do you go to sleep or simply FADE OUT instead?
Do you develop character profiles for all your friends?
Do you sense plot points and subplots all around you?
Do you CUT TO your cake and DISSOLVE TO your sugar?
If so, you are suffering from ScRiPTOmAnIa, a rare condition found in
writers who have bottled up their scriptwriting energies.
Jesting aside, if you have a script and wish to obtain feedback from
professionals in the business, indie filmmakers with film festival
credits, or from a general but discriminating audience, you will soon
have the opportunity to post your script on the AFC website and
Who knows, one day you might get noticed and have your script turned
into a movie.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RESIDING IN JORDAN TO PARTICIPATE. THE
ScRiPTOmAnIa VIRTUAL SAFE HOUSE IS OPEN TO ALL.
This is a free service. More details will follow soon.
6) COOL LINK: Adobe Support Forums
# # #