Introducing Amman Filmmakers 2003 Activities - YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE

  • filmarabi <filmarabi@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2003
      Dear Fellow Filmmakers,

      I would like to share with you activities and events considered for
      the Amman Filmmakers Cooperative for the year 2003:

      FILMMAKING WORKSHOPS

      Acting for The Camera, Directing the Short Film, Editing Using a PC,
      Writing a Screenplay, Budgeting for Films, Making it to Film
      Festivals, and more. These workshops will be free for all unless
      there are costs such as paper handouts and demo tapes. Please feel
      free to suggest topics for workshops.

      SOCIAL GATHERING

      We will announce the place/date of our next social gathering so we
      can meet each other. Any suggestions?

      MONTHLY FILM SCREENING

      We will team up with cultural and academic institutions in Amman to
      include screenings of your films on their schedule of events.

      AMMAN FILMMAKERS FILM FESTIVAL 2003

      At some point towards the end of 2003, we will hold a film festival
      to screen films produced mostly by Amman filmmakers and talents.
      Awards will be considered for various categories. Judges and peers
      will determine winners. Winning films will be promoted in regional
      and international film festivals.

      PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM

      At some point in the future, we will establish partnerships with
      production companies and academic institutions to make available,
      free of charge or for an affordable fee, video production facilities
      such as cameras, editing equipments, lights, and more.

      ADVISORY BOARD

      The advisory board is being finalized. The board will be a cross-
      section of filmmaking industry professionals and intellectuals who
      will participate in our events, lead discussions, and judge film and
      talent contests. Tentatively, we have the following members of the
      advisory board: Sausan Darwazeh, Pioneers Productions; Tareq Abu-
      Lugud, Abu-Lugud Productions; Samar Dudin, playwright and media
      consultant; Najeh Hasan, Al-Rai Newspaper columnist and film critic.
      Once the board is finalized, the list will be posted promptly.

      We will also invite other industry professionals from Jordan and
      nearby countries such as Egypt, Lebanon, and Syria to share with us
      their experience.

      The Amman Filmmakers Cooperative (AFC) is an informal social
      gathering of like-minded people. It is not a professional
      organization. We are here to promote and encourage local talent
      through peer support, discussions, and experimentations.

      Look forward to your suggestions and comments.

      Regards,

      Hazim Bitar
      Coordinator
      The Amman Filmmakers Cooperative