Coding issue's

  • boerbert1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2006
      Hello,

      I'm new to amibroker and have still a lot to learn. I've some ideas,
      but have trouble coding them. Some help would greatly be appreciated.

      - The first issue is that I want to generate price distributions.
      Normally prices are distributed more or less normal. I believe that
      with a properly choosen entry points this distribution should be
      significantly different, but would like to verify. An example to
      clarify: Say I've created myindicator. When this indicator generates a
      signal (1) The % difference between next bar open and the open 30
      periods later should be added to the population. Then the population
      should be graphically presented as a distribution diagram. Ideally it
      should be possible to caculate the population for a portfolio of stock
      (Eg Nasdaq 100) to generate more signals and to add statistical
      significance. If the raw population data could also be exported for
      further analysis in a spreadsheet that would make the feature perfect.
      Is such a feature possible in Amibroker? If so, pointers about how to
      realise it would greatly be appreciated.

      - The second issue: I would like to use the value of an indicator at
      entry as a parameter for my exit strategy. When my system generates an
      entry signal I want to store the value of myindicator in a constant.
      If I just say const=myindicator const will change over time. I however
      want the value of myindicator at entry stored in the constant and the
      constant not to change. How can this be done?

      Thanks
      Wilco