are there groups of americans living abroad?

  • kenlburson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2002
      I'm thinking of living in Europe for up to a year. Does anyone know
      ways of making connections? For instance, are there groups of
      Americans in certain locations? Are there volunteer opportunities
      that create a type of social network? Educational activities, such
      as learning European languages, that can be a basis for community?

      Thanks for any ideas.
    • veggiecarm
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2002
        >I'm thinking of living in Europe for up to a year. Does anyone know
        >ways of making connections? For instance, are there groups of
        >Americans in certain locations? Are there volunteer opportunities
        >that create a type of social network? Educational activities, such
        >as learning European languages, that can be a basis for community?
        >
        >Thanks for any ideas.

        There are lots of ways to make connections through language classes
        and International groups, for example. Any idea where you are heading
        to?

        In my experience, there is no shortage of US citizens living in
        Europe. LOL

        Carmen
        US citizen in Zurich, Switzerland
      • Ken Burson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2002
          Hi! Thanks for your e-mail.

          I just e-mailed you from my other mailbox.

          Where I'm heading: I'm thinking that I'd like to be
          in Spain, but don't know enough yet to be sure.
          Probably, I'd go where I felt that I could put down
          some roots and then roam from there.

          I have found one cafe on line for teachers in Spain
          and will look into that some more. I'd like to hear
          any other specifics that you have.

          Ken

          kburson@... is my favored e-mail.

          --- veggiecarm <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > >I'm thinking of living in Europe for up to a year.
          > Does anyone know
          > >ways of making connections? For instance, are
          > there groups of
          > >Americans in certain locations? Are there
          > volunteer opportunities
          > >that create a type of social network? Educational
          > activities, such
          > >as learning European languages, that can be a basis
          > for community?
          > >
          > >Thanks for any ideas.
          >
          > There are lots of ways to make connections through
          > language classes
          > and International groups, for example. Any idea
          > where you are heading
          > to?
          >
          > In my experience, there is no shortage of US
          > citizens living in
          > Europe. LOL
          >
          > Carmen
          > US citizen in Zurich, Switzerland