Long Beach Indie Digital Edutainment Conference CFP August 27-31, 2014

  • ebologies
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2014
      Happy New Year ACA,

      I wanted to give everyone a heads up about this forthcoming conference. Please consider submitting yourselves, encourage your grad students to participate, and spread the word to colleagues.
      Best,
      Ebony Utley

      Long Beach International Film Festival

      Digital Edutainment Conference

      Call for Proposals—Deadline March 3, 2014

      LongBeachIndie.com

      Long Beach Indie, an international film festival and artist summit, announces its 1st annual Digital Edutainment Conference. Taking place August 27-31, 2014 at the Long Beach Convention Center and Cinemark at the Pike Theater Complex, our mission is to celebrate global diversity by encouraging submissions from emergent and established scholars representing every region of the world. Theoretical and practical approaches are welcome as we hope to create an experience that moves participants to action after the conference. Possible topics include:

      Advocacy & Social Justice

      Global Hip Hop Culture

      Health & Wholeness

      Music & The Arts

      Race & Gender Representation

      Spirituality & Religion

      Sex & Sexuality

      Youth Culture

      We urge anyone who has something to share that will spark conversations on digital representation to submit individual and panel proposals. Multiple proposal submissions are welcome. Submissions require a 250-word abstract, a 100-word rationale, and a 100-word bio. Participants will also be able to select a preferred presentation format:

      Preconference Unconference: A mini-conference on digital media advocacy

      Panel Presentations: Traditional sessions with papers and PowerPoint

      Pedadigital (Pedagogy +Digital) Workshops: An opportunity to use digital media to teach a skill

      Big Question Roundtables: Brainstorm answers to big questions with like-minded individuals

      Academy/Industry Conversations: Discuss your research directly with content creators

      To submit and for more information visit:

      http://www.longbeachindie.com/digital-edutainmentcfp

      The submission deadline is March 3, 2014.

      Questions should be directed to Dr. Ebony Utley via digitaledutainment@...