Health Communication

  • Vernon Humphrey
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2013
      I have been given the great opportunity to teach an introductory undergraduate Health Comm course next spring.  If there are any text book suggestions or sample syllabus available I would appreciate the input

      Vern

      “Each of us is in essence like a rubber band ball. Culture is developed as if adding one rubber band after another. Some rubber bands are wide and comforting; some are thin, tight and painful, with a variety of sizes in-between adding to the construction. Each new rubber band changes the mass, density and dimension of the ball and how it will react to outside stimuli, just as the layers of culture change how we as humans react to situations.”

      Vernon F. Humphrey
      706.329.7960
      188 Paige Drive
      Mauk, GA 31058
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2013
        Vern,
          My website might be of some use to you. I have a set of theories for Health Communication from the Theory Clusters of the University of Twente. I was granted permission to use their site in writing. You may want to check out: http://commtheory.weebly.com/
        Best,
        Myrene

        Myrene A. Magabo
        Comm Instructor, Penn State University
        COM Faculty, University of Phoenix
        www.mmagabo.weebly.com
        www.mmagabouw.weebly.com
        www.effectivespeech.weebly.com
        (570) 871-3538

        I have been given the great opportunity to teach an introductory undergraduate Health Comm course next spring.  If there are any text book suggestions or sample syllabus available I would appreciate the input

        Vern

        “Each of us is in essence like a rubber band ball. Culture is developed as if adding one rubber band after another. Some rubber bands are wide and comforting; some are thin, tight and painful, with a variety of sizes in-between adding to the construction. Each new rubber band changes the mass, density and dimension of the ball and how it will react to outside stimuli, just as the layers of culture change how we as humans react to situations.”

        Vernon F. Humphrey
        706.329.7960
        188 Paige Drive
        Mauk, GA 31058