WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE COMMUNICATION AND CORRESPONDENCE ?

  • bharat
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 19, 2013
      Dear Members,

      Generally, we come across the Two wards namely, communication and correspondence.
      But,many a time, many people can not differentiate between the two.So please, give your comment on the Subject.

      Regards,

      Bharat Metaliya
    • Ney Ni
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 19, 2013
        I will try to share my opinion, not because I know better, but because by this I can re-check whether my understanding is close to right or not, especially with the so many communication experts here. :)

        In my opinion, correspondence refers to communication by letters (written communication), whereas communication can take place in more general ways, both verbally and non-verbally. Thus, I think correspondence is one way of communicating,

        Please forgive me if I'm wrong.. :)

        On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM, bharat <bharatmetaliya@...> wrote:

        Dear Members,

        Generally, we come across the Two wards namely, communication and correspondence.
        But,many a time, many people can not differentiate between the two.So please, give your comment on the Subject.

        Regards,

        Bharat Metaliya

      • W C
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 20, 2013
          To me (obviously), communication is the broader term. Correspondence tends to reference more direct, one to one (more likely to be personal) using written messages.
          clifton
          www.wca-refracted.com

          --- In americancomm@yahoogroups.com, "bharat" <bharatmetaliya@...> wrote:

          > Dear Members,
          >
          > Generally, we come across the Two wards namely, communication and correspondence.
          > But,many a time, many people can not differentiate between the two.So please, give your comment on the Subject.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Bharat Metaliya

        • salim khan
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 20, 2013
            Ya I agree, Correspondence is a kind of communication limited to communication via letters only.

            Dr. Salimullah Khan
            B.Pharm (Gold medalist), M.Phil, Ph.D, R.Ph
            Professor & Chairman
            Department of Pharmacy
            University of Swabi,
            Khyber Pakhtumkhwa, Pakistan

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 20, 2013
              In my understanding, Correspondence is a manifestation of communication. It is an external action of the communication process. Correspondence is the tangible action of the intended message. (A person who delivers correspondence is a correspondent). It does not have to be written, the message simply needs an intended recipient to make it correspondence. Communication on the other hand can be in fact internal or external while my understanding is that correspondence must have an intended external recipient and be a tangible action.

              Also communication places emphasis on the message itself while correspondence is more the action of delivering the message.

              See what else others can add to this :)

              Amanda Ambrus

              To: americancomm@yahoogroups.com
              From: theng.inyen@...
              Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 10:30:46 +0700

              I will try to share my opinion, not because I know better, but because by this I can re-check whether my understanding is close to right or not, especially with the so many communication experts here. :)

              In my opinion, correspondence refers to communication by letters (written communication), whereas communication can take place in more general ways, both verbally and non-verbally. Thus, I think correspondence is one way of communicating,

              Please forgive me if I'm wrong.. :)

              On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM, bharat <bharatmetaliya@...> wrote:

              Dear Members,

              Generally, we come across the Two wards namely, communication and correspondence.
              But,many a time, many people can not differentiate between the two.So please, give your comment on the Subject.

              Regards,

              Bharat Metaliya

            • J. Thompson Biggers
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 20, 2013

                I really enjoyed this.  Well done.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 20, 2013
                    Yes! I like Amanda's point about correspondents, and want to extend it to communicators.  If both people are corresponding they're engaged in a mutually synced interaction pattern, taking turns reacting, one to the other.  For me communicating marks something more, a greater degree of unity and understanding.  Nowadays one can correspond with a software "bot" quite easily, but the bot will never truly understand, empathize, or identify with me.  Some human correspondents may understand and agree and cooperate with me, so I think of them as fellow communicators.  Other humans may repeatedly answer my letters but refuse to engage me as a real person, so they get to be called "correspondents" when I'm in a good mood and when I'm not they are called "those #@&*$* idiots at PSE&G!"
                    Happy Tuesday!
                    Jon

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 15, 2013
                      I have the pleasure of teaching an Intro to Health Comm Undergraduate 300/400 level.  Do any of my friends out here have any suggested texts and or syllabi?

                      Vern

                      “Each of us is in essence like a rubber band ball. Culture is developed as if adding one rubber band after another. Some rubber bands are wide and comforting; some are thin, tight and painful, with a variety of sizes in-between adding to the construction. Each new rubber band changes the mass, density and dimension of the ball and how it will react to outside stimuli, just as the layers of culture change how we as humans react to situations.”

                      Vernon F. Humphrey
                      706.329.7960
                      188 Paige Drive
                      Mauk, GA 31058

                      To me (obviously), communication is the broader term. Correspondence tends to reference more direct, one to one (more likely to be personal) using written messages.
                      clifton
                      www.wca-refracted.com

                      --- In americancomm@yahoogroups.com, "bharat" <bharatmetaliya@...> wrote:

                      > Dear Members,
                      >
                      > Generally, we come across the Two wards namely, communication and correspondence.
                      > But,many a time, many people can not differentiate between the two.So please, give your comment on the Subject.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      >
                      > Bharat Metaliya

                    • vyonaooro
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 8, 2013

                        Dear Vern,

                        You can use the book Health Communication from Theory to Practice by Renata Schiavo

                        aditionally check out the CDC website they have a lot on Health Communication.

                        I have a course outline i could share but i am not able to attach files to this eamil.

                        Kind regards,

                        Vyona Ooro