Re: [americancomm] RE: CA Communication Analysis

  • Dale Cyphert
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22 10:29 AM
      So what's the issue?  It's a head's job to assign teaching responsibilities and to insure staffing for required classes. Looks like that is what Chris is doing.

      Dale Cyphert, PhD
      Associate Professor of Management
      College of Business Administration
      Curris Business Building 261
      University of Northern Iowa
      1227 W. 27th Street
      Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0125
      (319) 273-6150
      dale.cyphert@...

      On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Sharaf N. Rehman <sharaf.rehman@...> wrote:

      Administration playing politics (games) with faculty. Why are we surprised?

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22 10:44 AM
        The only material discrepancy I see is Chris asked to teach Coms 11, but Connie's reply referred to Coms 9. That sounds like a simple mistake that could be quickly corrected by a follow-up email. Otherwise, all three seems to present the same facts, in the same tone. Scheduling for A1/C1 is the first priority, and to the Dean's credit, this prioritization is based on meeting students' needs.

        My question is, which is of greater concern, similar but subtly different messages potentially indicating some subtext, or "boiler plate", copy-and-paste messages potentially indicating lack of interpersonal engagement?