Re: [americancomm] Free MOOCS Training on Designing a Course

  • John Malala
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2013
      Thanks Myrene,

      We started our MOOCS training sessions last school year at UCF. It'll be interesting to see how these develop.

      Regards,

      John.

      On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Myrene Magabo <magus_898@...> wrote:

      Fellow ACAers,
        I am posting this info in case you would like something like this as part of your professional development:

      Free MOOC for course design and development launching July 15, 2013

      This MOOC is designed to bridge the gap for subject matter experts, teachers, and business managers needing a simple but effective approach to learning.

      The KeelWorks Foundation is offering this MOOC for users of the EDUonGo learning platform in return for EDUonGo's generous support for KeelWorks programs. EDUonGo allows anyone to open an academy and create a course at no cost.

      The challenge for many is designing that course. They have the knowledge, but compressing that into manageable learning chunks can be a challenge. The learning platform is perfect for this because it leverages learners instead of elaborate learning design - though you can have that here as well. And this MOOC fill the other half of the gap.

      The special value of a MOOC, besides the low price (free) is the ability for learners to learn through the help of others who are trying to do just what you are trying to do. There will alway be something you understand that someone else does not.

      The course will be facilitated by an instructional designer with 15 years leading learning projects for Intel, Boeing, AT&T, Humana, IBM, and other major organizations, he's also lead a graduate internship for instructional design five years running. He should be able to simplify this process for you.

      Please share this link with others. The more we have in this course, the more effective the learning will be. Click here to enroll:http://learn.eduongo.com/v2/#courseinfo=cd68106dc9a56ef5eb6d63ec154f1ecf

      Best regards to all!
      Myrene
      Myrene A. Magabo
      Comm Instructor, Penn State University