Re: [americancomm] hello

  • T. Leeman Adams
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 25, 2013

      Simply say that you are with the AMERICAN COMMUNICATION ASSOCIATION, and they'll book you at the rate.

      Ty

      On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Stogsdill, Steve <sstogsdill@...> wrote:
      Sounds reasonable. So do we sign in using a group code though?
      Steve

      On Apr 25, 2013, at 12:50 PM, T. Leeman Adams wrote:

      The negotiated group rate was $110.  But, that was when the CROWNE PLAZA was charging $130 a night for rooms.  Apparently, the new property's standard rate is $109, from what I can tell.  So, there doesn't seem to be a discount.  However, please realize that all conference facilities and usage are COMPLETELY FREE, simply for us to bring the business to the hotel.  So, to each their own.  But, we got a really good deal with the hotel property for conference room usage -- FREE.

      Please register for the hotel asap.

      Ty

      On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Stogsdill, Steve <sstogsdill@...<mailto:sstogsdill@...>> wrote:
      Will we be under a group rate or standard rates?
      Steve
      HSU

      On Apr 25, 2013, at 12:00 PM, T. Leeman Adams wrote:

      Hello everyone going to the convention--

      An update!!!  The Crowne Plaza that we are staying at decided to change property names about 4 months ago.  It is now known as the HOTEL ACADIANA.  Same deal: $110 a night.  But, you'll contact them using the following information:

      http://www.thehotelacadiana.com/

      --

      Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.

      Professor of Communication
      University of Louisiana at Lafayette
      Department of Communication
      Skype: theswampboy
      Website: www.tyroneadams.com<http://www.tyroneadams.com/><http://www.tyroneadams.com/>

      [Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/tyroneladams>  [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/#%21/theswampboy>   [LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?trk=hb_tab_pro_top>

      Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.

      Professor of Communication
      University of Louisiana at Lafayette
      Department of Communication
      Skype: theswampboy
      Website: www.tyroneadams.com<http://www.tyroneadams.com/>

      [Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/tyroneladams>  [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/#%21/theswampboy>   [LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?trk=hb_tab_pro_top>

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          americancomm-digest@yahoogroups.com
          americancomm-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --

      Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.

      Professor of Communication
      University of Louisiana at Lafayette
      Department of Communication
      Skype: theswampboy
      Website: www.tyroneadams.com

      Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn

    • Stogsdill, Steve
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 25, 2013
        Thanks Ty. I wasn't too concerned about the rates. I mainly wanted to see if we were booking as a group. But I definitely appreciate the better rate!
        Steve

        Website: www.tyroneadams.com<http://www.tyroneadams.com/><http://www.tyroneadams.com/><http://www.tyroneadams.com/>

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 25, 2013
          Thanks for this info, Ty!

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 26, 2013
            Hello everyone
            How can i get info about conferonce?

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Apr 26, 2013, at 1:56 AM, Myrene Magabo <magus_898@...> wrote:

            Thanks for this info, Ty!

            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 29, 2013
              Hello everyone!

              I have just spoken with Ms. Lindsay Hobbs, and since I am done with my grades for my 3 classes, I decided to call ACADIANA instead of having Lindsay do the recall and recap of the hotel accommodations.

              I spoke with the staff or two at the ACADIANA and the block of rooms for us are in order at $110/room (2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed); Free shuttle ride from the airport to the hotel (all we need is call 337-482-5064. All the ladies I have spoken with are really nice (including Lindsay). You're feeling the hospitality, already. There was also Karen Primeaux of the Lafayette Convention Center who had a full-list of accommodations prepared for those who are coming to the Convention/Conference.

              I have a former online student who is putting together her plans to do a virtual presentation and will attend in person. This pushes me to make up my mind too!

              Anyone else who plan to go to the 2013 ACA Mini-Convention?

                Hello everyone going to the convention--

                An update!!!  The Crowne Plaza that we are staying at decided to change property names about 4 months ago.  It is now known as the HOTEL ACADIANA.  Same deal: $110 a night.  But, you'll contact them using the following information:

                http://www.thehotelacadiana.com/

                --
                Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.
                Professor of Communication
                University of Louisiana at Lafayette
                Department of Communication
                Skype: theswampboy
                Website: www.tyroneadams.com
                Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn

                --
                ...it's a crazy quilt reflected in a fun-house mirror! - Zippy the Pinhead
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 29, 2013
                  Thanks for the update, Jim!

                  I will provide you with the complete presentation topics for the virtual presentation once it has been completed.

                  Message 8 of 18 , May 15, 2013
                    Hello Dr. Adams,

                    My school wants to know if $110 includes taxes. I would greatly appreciate it if you can tell me about this. Thanks!

                    Best

                    Connie

                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 24, 2014
                      Hi, I m Asma from tunis and I m interested about english language, sociology... However, I m a little afraid when I have a talk and I see people in front me.. so it s nice to learn something new here! Thanks
                    • amir chater
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 7
                        don't ou worry asma ..you will learn alot and welcome to the group in the behalf of everyone

                        Le Mercredi 24 décembre 2014 21h42, "asmamenzel@... [americancomm]" <americancomm@yahoogroups.com> a écrit :

                        Hi, I m Asma from tunis and I m interested about english language, sociology... However, I m a little afraid when I have a talk and I see people in front me.. so it s nice to learn something new here! Thanks

                      • Asfand Ahmed Khan
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 7
                          Welcome Asma,

                          We are here to learn from each-other. I am sure we all would learn a lot from your experiences too.

                          Cheers,
                          Asfand Khan
                          Pakistan.

                          Sent from my iPhone