Re: [americancomm] Introduction

  • Stogsdill, Steve
    Message 1 of 79 , Apr 23, 2013
      Thank you Clifton for sharing this information and link. I'll be teaching a hurried May term and planned to use the ACA text. I'd like to borrow a few things from yours as well. Thank you for sharing your hard work and expertise.
      Steve Stogsdill,
      Hardin-Simmons University

      On Apr 22, 2013, at 6:57 PM, W C Adams wrote:

      Jim Parker directed me to post a 'who I am message' in way of introduction. No doubt, you'll read many of my posts in the coming months, if you haven't already. I have a campaign to improve the textual materials available to beginning students in communication. Toward that end, I wrote an online public speaking text which is available free at my website www.wca-refracted.com<http://www.wca-refracted.com/> I had my text up slightly before the one from this organization was complete. i have supported the second free text. Both, it seems to me, are superior to the hard-copy versions. Also, on my site are three papers detailing ways that I believe current texts need to be improved, with content analysis in three separate areas. Also, on my website are other creative and academic writing that you might find interesting. The site will give you insights into who I am, also, if you have interest in me. Of course, you may feel free to write me at clifton_adams@...<mailto:clifton_adams@...> if you have questions, suggestions, criticisms or support.
    • Stogsdill, Steve
      Message 79 of 79 , Jan 6, 2014
        Thanks Debra. I teach Communication courses at Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas. I hope to reference your site when discussing intercultural communication, and in my Organizational Communication course.

        Welcome to ACA.

        Steve Stogsdill
        Associate Professor of Communication
        Hardin-Simmons University.

        On Dec 27, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Debra L. Flowers wrote:

        I, Debra Flowers, am happy to be joining ACA. I am and have been for the last 8 years an adjunct instructor of Communication Studies at Austin College in Sherman, TX. Previously, I taught seminars for 20 years for about 10,000 managers, focusing on leadership and employee selection applications of the Value Systems Analysis theory, and worked as a communications consultant. I have co-authored three books-- two on the Value Systems Analysis concept and one on employee handbooks-- and published articles in professional journals.

        This year my husband, Vince Flowers, PhD, and I published a new website, www.valuesystems-thatslife.org<http://www.valuesystems-thatslife.org/> . Including 100 PowerPoint presentations, the site reviews the work we did for 30 years on the Value Systems Analysis (VSA) theory and introduces the That's Life Concept, which Vince created, that includes and greatly expands the VSA theory. The website is free to all.