Introduction

  • W C Adams
    Message 1 of 95 , Apr 22, 2013
      Jim Parker directed me to post a 'who I am message' in way of introduction.  No doubt, you'll read many of my posts in the coming months, if you haven't already.  I have a campaign to improve the textual materials available to beginning students in communication.  Toward that end, I wrote an online public speaking text which is available free at my website www.wca-refracted.com  I had my text up slightly before the one from this organization was complete.  i have supported the second free text.  Both, it seems to me, are superior to the hard-copy versions.  Also, on my site are three papers detailing ways that I believe current texts need to be improved, with content analysis in three separate areas.  Also, on my website are other creative and academic writing that you might find interesting.  The site will give you insights into who I am, also, if you have interest in me.  Of course, you may feel free to write me at clifton_adams@... if you have questions, suggestions, criticisms or support.
    • saddam tufail
      Message 95 of 95 , Apr 13
        Welcome Colette,

        Welcome to our group,We hope you have a long term strong association with us for the betterment.
        Best
        Saddam Tufail
        Anchor-Journalist-Analyst

        On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 11:40 PM, Peter DeCaro pdecaroster@... [americancomm]
        <americancomm@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Welcome Colette,
        I hope that you will find ACA accommodating and that you will be able to participate in the organization. We have much to offer.
        Best,
        Pete DeCaro

        On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 6:21 AM, Colette colabeed@... [americancomm] <americancomm@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Greetings!

        I'm excited about joining the group because it fits the critieria I've been looking for. I have been exploring various professional communications groups and this will be a good fit since it is online and has working communications professionals.

        My B.A. is in Cultural Studies and I am particularly interested in working with global companies to facilitate more effective and authentic communication among international cultures. In particular, employees who are not familiar with "everyday" Western style communication.

        I am planning to earn a professional communications certificate or an advanced degree in communication and am open to suggestions. I would also like suggestions on other communications organizations to add to my network.

        I look forward to hearing from you all!

        Colette

        --
        Peter A. DeCaro, Ph.D.
        Emeritus, California State University, Stanislaus