Re: [americancomm] We'll surely learn from each other! Who are in?

  • Stogsdill, Steve
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013
      I wasn't part of this panel. I had proposed a different one for Lafayette. But if you need another participant I might be interested.
      Steve

      On Apr 11, 2013, at 2:26 AM, Myrene Magabo wrote:

      Hello, Steve!

      I always find wisdom from the old ways, even if I use non-traditional assessment methods for assessments. Who are in the discussion panel for this topic ("Teaching Public Speaking?"). My presentation material is almost complete. If I remember right, there were early initiatives from various ACA members on this. Was it you, Steve? I believe there was Lori too, in it.

      If there is no establish panel yet, I hope we'll be able to have this one. And, I'd like to ask Jim: Should panel discussants write a paper too?

      Thanks,
      Myrene

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013

        I may have initially expressed an interest, but I will not be able to attend the conference.

        Hope the panel discussion goes well,

        Lori

        cid:image004.jpg@01CDF595.932E7500

        Lori Vallotton Roe
        Associate Professor of Communication

        Assistant Department Chair

        School of Liberal Arts & Sciences

        Ivy Tech Community College

        2545 Silveus Crossing

        Warsaw, IN  46580

        574-267-5428 ext. 7110

        I'm an academic, but have been on something of a hiatus since my father got alzhiemers. I consider myself a "true" (whatever that means, of course!) communication generalist with a public relations emphasis and a lot of experience teaching public speaking, too. I am most interested in designing and assessing outcomes in higher education communication courses.

        P. Wynn Norman
        Archer, FL

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            americancomm-digest@yahoogroups.com
            americancomm-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          ...it's a crazy quilt reflected in a fun-house mirror! - Zippy the Pinhead