We'll surely learn from each other! Who are in?

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013
      Hello, Steve!

      I always find wisdom from the old ways, even if I use non-traditional assessment methods for assessments. Who are in the discussion panel for this topic ("Teaching Public Speaking?"). My presentation material is almost complete. If I remember right, there were early initiatives from various ACA members on this. Was it you, Steve? I believe there was Lori too, in it.

      If there is no establish panel yet, I hope we'll be able to have this one. And, I'd like to ask Jim: Should panel discussants write a paper too?

      Thanks,
      Myrene

        ________________________________

        --
        ...it's a crazy quilt reflected in a fun-house mirror! - Zippy the Pinhead
      • Stogsdill, Steve

          I'm an academic, but have been on something of a hiatus since my father got alzhiemers. I consider myself a "true" (whatever that means, of course!) communication generalist with a public relations emphasis and a lot of experience teaching public speaking, too. I am most interested in designing and assessing outcomes in higher education communication courses.

          P. Wynn Norman
          Archer, FL

        • Lori V. Roe
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013

            I may have initially expressed an interest, but I will not be able to attend the conference.

            Hope the panel discussion goes well,

            Lori

            cid:image004.jpg@01CDF595.932E7500

            Lori Vallotton Roe
            Associate Professor of Communication

            Assistant Department Chair

            School of Liberal Arts & Sciences

            Ivy Tech Community College

            2545 Silveus Crossing

            Warsaw, IN  46580

            574-267-5428 ext. 7110

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013
              Thanks, Jim!

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013
                Hey, Lori! This is virtual so you don't have to be physically present in the conference.

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 11, 2013
                  Lori, I am sure we can work this out even without being physically present in the conference. Would you still be interested for a virtual presentation or panel discussion?