Re: [americancomm] where?

  • Jon Ru
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2013
      We're here Ty, just busy.  This is a holiday weekend for many.  But if you would really like some grit, I hereby object to your analogy.  A non-profit association of Communication scholars and practitioners run by volunteers is nothing like a multimillion dollar industry association dedicated to advancing lethal weapon manufacturing and sales.  The fact that both care about a portion of the Bill of Rights does not justify drawing parallels between them; the Bill of Rights is so broad and fundamental that thousands of organizations are committed to the various rights therein.  Among those thousands of organizations, there must be a closer analogy, or at least one that smells less like death.
      Happy Good Friday!
      Jon

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2013

        Always the critic, never the constructivist.

        --
        Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.
        Professor of Communication
        University of Louisiana at Lafayette