where?

  • T. Leeman Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2013

      You know, I have been a member of this list since 1993 -- in it's multiple forms.  I have started electronic journals, online textbooks, sweat and bled code in my sleep, and run two international conventions for this Association.  But, I have never seen this list so dead.  Where is the gritty conversation?  Where are the communication practitioners and scholars with some gravitas?  Let's go!  Communicate!  The mic is open!!!  Anything goes.  Celebrate the First Amendment!

      What the NRA is to the 2nd Amendment, ACA is to the First!!!

      --

      Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.

      Professor of Communication
      University of Louisiana at Lafayette
      Department of Communication
      Skype: theswampboy
      Website: www.tyroneadams.com

      Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn

    • Jon Ru
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2013
        We're here Ty, just busy.  This is a holiday weekend for many.  But if you would really like some grit, I hereby object to your analogy.  A non-profit association of Communication scholars and practitioners run by volunteers is nothing like a multimillion dollar industry association dedicated to advancing lethal weapon manufacturing and sales.  The fact that both care about a portion of the Bill of Rights does not justify drawing parallels between them; the Bill of Rights is so broad and fundamental that thousands of organizations are committed to the various rights therein.  Among those thousands of organizations, there must be a closer analogy, or at least one that smells less like death.
        Happy Good Friday!
        Jon

        You know, I have been a member of this list since 1993 -- in it's multiple forms.  I have started electronic journals, online textbooks, sweat and bled code in my sleep, and run two international conventions for this Association.  But, I have never seen this list so dead.  Where is the gritty conversation?  Where are the communication practitioners and scholars with some gravitas?  Let's go!  Communicate!  The mic is open!!!  Anything goes.  Celebrate the First Amendment!

        What the NRA is to the 2nd Amendment, ACA is to the First!!!

        --
        Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.
        Professor of Communication
        University of Louisiana at Lafayette
        Department of Communication
        Skype: theswampboy
        Website: http://www.tyroneadams.com/
        Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn
      • T. Leeman Adams
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 29, 2013

          Always the critic, never the constructivist.