help for a resource

  • scottwachtel
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
      Hello All,
      I am looking for help on completing a content analysis of Twitter.com. I know the technology exists to track hashtags on Twitter, there are many company websites that provide this service for a large fee primarily promoted to business to track their products. Most of these companies charge hundreds of dollars just to give info on 40 different hashtags.
      It is beyond my basic computer skills to manipulate twitter's API and do this compilation myself.
      I'm looking to compile a total number of tweets over a period from September 2011 to August 2012 filtering the hashtags of the top 200 network broadcast prime-time TV shows in the US. Also possibly find certain premiere dates of those shows to analyze the promotional practices of the productions/networks. I would be open to any suggestions or links that could help in gathering this information.
      Thank you,
      Scott Wachtel
    • Jim Parker
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
        Scott,

        Many folks on the AIR (Association for Internet Research) have discussed how to do such things and there are several tools out there for doing such task. I suggest you join the group, http://listserv.aoir.org/listinfo.cgi/air-l-aoir.org and then search their archives rather than asking you questions since I think has been answered in the past. If not then someone there will be able to help you.

        -jim parker

        --
        ...it's a crazy quilt reflected in a fun-house mirror! - Zippy the Pinhead