Re: [americancomm] Subscription to the ACA | Introduction

  • Jon Ru
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2013
      Welcome Matias!

      From: Milia Matías <mmilia@...>
      To: "americancomm@yahoogroups.com" <americancomm@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, March 8, 2013 11:08 AM
      Subject: [americancomm] Subscription to the ACA | Introduction

      Hi All,
               It's a pleasure to join the ACA. I'm looking forward to share knowledge, perspectives and insights on the different levels that make the Communications Sciences so interesting.
               As an introduction let me tell you, first, something about me; and then, something about our University. My name is Matías Milia and I am currently working at the Catholic University Santa Fe. Here I preform a double duty: I teach 'Communication Theories' as an assistant professor, and I work as assistant to the Dean at the the Desing and Communication School. So my interest in this network has this two grounds, theoretical and practical.
               Our University, on the other hand, is a private middle-size university in Santa Fe city, capital of Santa Fe Province in Argentina. The Design and Communication School is one of the smallest around, but we are very prolific and are always looking to develop new courses and research lines. Therefore, this network arises as a place where we can discuss many of this ideas. We are very enthusiastic when comes to building collaboration networks
                Santa Fe is also a middle-size city with ca. 500,000 inhabitants, placed 600 km north from Buenos Aires. Is the capital city of Santa Fe Province, the second Provincial GDP of the nation, and the first exporter. The city has strong capabilities regarding traditional media (TV, Radio, Newspapers) with two newspapers, four TV stations and a large number of Radios, all of them producing local content. There are, as well, many institutions, government agencies, industries and business that are steadily demanding professionals that can manage and produce a wide range of communications.

      So, that's pretty much about it. Thank you for letting us share this network!
      We keep in touch,

      --
      Lic. Matías F. Milia Asistencia a la Gestión Carreras de Comunicación y Diseño Facultad de Humanidades Universidad Católica de Santa Fe   http://www.ucsf.edu.ar/

    • Mohamad Reza Rezaei