publicspeakingproject.org

  • T. Leeman Adams
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2013

      I just want to comment on the amazing work that Dr. Lisa Scheiber has done on www.publicspeakingproject.org.  This book, originally conceived of as textcommons.org under my direction, went into a transformational phase under Dr. Screiber's stewardship.  If you haven't pulled up the site yet, please do.  You will find a very thorough work, properly evidenced and developed, that is downloadable FREE OF CHARGE.  I know this will not sit well with many of the textbook publishing companies who "superstar" our scholars, while fleecing our students.  But, in this day and age of compressed university budgets worldwide -- I think a solid disciplinary round of applause is due to Dr. Scheiber (and the authors who volunteered their intellectual property to the site/book) for making such a quality piece available in English throughout the globe.  I only wish that more authors would band together for our titles in interpersonal, small-group, organizational, B&P, etc. and would do the same.  This model should serve as an exemplar of teamwork, scholarly dedication, and cost-efficient means of delivering quality information online to our student bodies.  I can only imagine what impact this book will have, when you consider that the paper models are constantly being "updated" making stock rotate at $120 a shot.

      BRAVO LISA SCHREIBER!!!  You've left a legacy mark on the discipline.

      --

      Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.

      Professor of Communication
      University of Louisiana at Lafayette
      Department of Communication
      Skype: theswampboy
      Website: www.tyroneadams.com

      Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn

    • Lori V. Roe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 25, 2013

        I did not realize this was the ACA text. It doesn’t mention ACA anywhere in the new format, that I can find.

        How long will both links remain available?

        Thanks for all the hard work, Lisa!

        Lori

        cid:image004.jpg@01CDF595.932E7500

        Lori Vallotton Roe