Fwd: LARC's Acadian Village Tours

  • T. Leeman Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2012

    FYI.

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Acadian Village <store@...>
    Date: Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    Subject: LARC's Acadian Village Tours
    To: tyadams@...

    Dear American Communication Assn,

    I am sending you information about LARC’s Acadian Village and what we offer as a tourist destination.  I hope that you will consider scheduling one of your tours to visit the Village.  LARC's Acadian Village was established in 1976 and is a replicated 19th Century Acadian Village which includes 7 authentic Acadian Village homes found throughout Lafayette Parish, a Blacksmith's shop, a chapel, and a General Store Gift Shop all surrounded under beautiful oak trees and on a bayou that we share with our friendly turtles and ducks. It is a very beautiful and peaceful atmosphere. I hope that you will consider scheduling one of your tours to visit the Village in the near future.  I am confident that they will enjoy their experience as our Village is rich in history and French culture.  We offer a guided tour in both English and French for $8.64 per person with groups of 20 or more people.  The guided tour is very thorough and entertaining, as well as educational and informative. We also offer a self-guided tour of the Village for $6.48 per person.  Each tour includes 2 complimentary admissions for your Tour Leader and Bus Driver. You can also find more information about us at www.acadianvillage.org.

    Please note that we are a non-profit organization owned by the Lafayette Association for Retarded Citizens (LARC) and all funds generated in the Village support the programs at LARC.  LARC is dedicated to aiding persons with developmental and intellectual disabilities vocationally and in their personal lives.  You can find more information about LARC at www.lafayettelarc.org

    We offer on site catering for your dining experience or you could try the local cuisine. A good restaurant in the area is Lagneaux’s and their phone number is 337-984-1415.  You can also view their menu at www.lagneauxs.com.  If you make a reservation, we would truly appreciate if you would mention that LARC’s Acadian Village recommended you to them.

    Again, thank you for your time and consideration. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a tour, please feel free to email or contact me.  Many group tours that come through Lafayette will begin at the Jean Lafitte Cultural Center, browse Vermillionville, and then visit LARC's Acadian Village, which focuses on the original French settlers of the surrounding areas and their exile from Canada by the British.

    Kindest Regards,

    Jeanne Marie Lousao
    Assistant Director
    LARC's Acadian Village General Store