a constant

  • T. Leeman Adams
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 10, 2012

      Dr. Owen was one of the heavyweights in ACA.  We need 10 more like him.

      He believed in this Association.  He was a constant, and well before his time.

      --

      Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.

      Phone: (337) 408.3119 | Skype: theswampboy | Website: www.tyroneadams.com

      Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 10, 2012
        He should be part of our reflections these days and during our Convention in 2013, Ty.

        Dr. Owen was one of the heavyweights in ACA.  We need 10 more like him.

        He believed in this Association.  He was a constant, and well before his time.

        --
        Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.
        Phone: (337) 408.3119Skype: theswampboy | Website: http://www.tyroneadams.com/
        Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn

      • T. Leeman Adams
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 10, 2012

          Is everyone in agreement that we award the Top ACA Paper at the Convention as the Jim Owen Top Paper Award?  Thoughts???

          Ty

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 10, 2012
            That would be an appropriate honor to Jim.
            Ellen

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 10, 2012
              I agree that we should honor him in this way. Audrey Curry

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 10, 2012
                It wouldn't be out if place at all.
                He deserve such an honor.

                Regards,
                Eric
                _____________
                Eric Opoku Mensah
                (PhD Candidate)
                Centre for Rhetoric Studies
                Univ. of Cape Town
                Cape Town
                South Africa
                Tel: +27736343976

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 11, 2012
                      Ty,
                      If what you are saying is that you'd like to organize and administer such an award for this conference and name it after Jim, I don't think anyone is objecting.  We do have some "permanent" awards, as I recall, but I don't think they've been awarded at the past few conferences anyway.

                      If you're advocating an on-going award or one with money attached, the question is about more than "agreement."

                      dale

                      Dale Cyphert, PhD
                      Associate Professor of Management
                      Director, Professional Readiness Program
                      College of Business Administration
                      Curris Business Building 5F
                      University of Northern Iowa
                      1227 W. 27th Street
                      Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0125
                      (319) 273-6150
                      dale.cyphert@...

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 11, 2012

                        1. Where are these "permanent awards" -- pray tell?

                        2. Why haven't they been given out?

                        3. What do we do to fix it?

                        Executive Director?  President?  Anyone?

                        Ty

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 11, 2012
                          yes, I never knew we had awards either, but thought they would be a good idea.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 12, 2012
                            That's precisely why I think it would be useful for ACA to have a archivist, historian, some sort of permanent records keeper.

                            Phil

                            To: americancomm@yahoogroups.com
                            From: etaricani@...
                            Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:06:44 -0700