Re: [americancomm] Re: information

  • David Benfell
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 13, 2006
      On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 17:58:47 -0000, rich_richie1 wrote:

      > > hello
      > >
      > > goodmorning everyonr.
      > >
      > sorry for what?

      And we are communication scholars.

      mfi_2006 breaks expectations by sending a message to the list consisting
      solely of a greeting, with no other content. This puzzles those who
      fail to recognize that there may be a discrepancy between their
      expectations and mfi_2006's actual behavior.

      mfi_2006 then apologizes and says it was a joke. This puzzles someone
      else.

      mfi_2006 has just demonstrated a communication theory involving those
      expectations and discrepancies with actual conduct. (I don't remember
      the details and I'm sure I'm using incorrect terminology, but my area
      lies elsewhere.) But all us communication scholars are bewildered.

      I'm starting to laugh too.

      --
      David Benfell
      benfell@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 13, 2006
        --- In americancomm@yahoogroups.com, "rich_richie1" <rich_richie1@...>

      • LilHockeyPhoto@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 13, 2006
          Judee Burgoon's EVT. But we have yet to see if the violation was of positive or negative valence...

          Rachel Nead
          Long Beach Ice Dogs
          Administrative Assistant
          (562) 423-3647 x 248