Re: information

  • rich_richie1
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 13, 2006
      --- In americancomm@yahoogroups.com, "mfi_2006" <mfi_2006@...> wrote:

      > hello
      >
      > goodmorning everyonr.

      sorry for what?
    • David Benfell
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 13, 2006
        On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 17:58:47 -0000, rich_richie1 wrote:

        > > hello
        > >
        > > goodmorning everyonr.
        > >
        > sorry for what?

        And we are communication scholars.

        mfi_2006 breaks expectations by sending a message to the list consisting
        solely of a greeting, with no other content. This puzzles those who
        fail to recognize that there may be a discrepancy between their
        expectations and mfi_2006's actual behavior.

        mfi_2006 then apologizes and says it was a joke. This puzzles someone
        else.

        mfi_2006 has just demonstrated a communication theory involving those
        expectations and discrepancies with actual conduct. (I don't remember
        the details and I'm sure I'm using incorrect terminology, but my area
        lies elsewhere.) But all us communication scholars are bewildered.

        I'm starting to laugh too.

        --
        David Benfell
        benfell@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 13, 2006
          --- In americancomm@yahoogroups.com, "rich_richie1" <rich_richie1@...>

        • LilHockeyPhoto@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 13, 2006
            Judee Burgoon's EVT. But we have yet to see if the violation was of positive or negative valence...

            Rachel Nead
            Long Beach Ice Dogs
            Administrative Assistant
            (562) 423-3647 x 248