FYI

  • T. Leeman Adams
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012

    ACA Group,

    So far, we have about 35 people who are seriously thinking about coming to the ACA Lafayette 2013 Convention this May 30 to June 2, 2013.  We'd really like to see about 70 people in attendance, however.  If you are reconsidering coming to the Lafayette 2013 Convention, please send me a direct email so that I can put you on a back-channel email distribution list I run out of my GMAIL account, here.  I want to keep everyone updated as to progress...thanks.

    Anyway, I am attaching the preliminary budget for the convention.  Total costs to run this thing, currently, are about $8181.  I'm still trying to suppress costs.  However, if we get 70 people, we'll be fine and dandy for the convention costs.

    On tap?  A Friday night shrimp and crawfish boil.  A Saturday night fried oyster or shrimp POBOY supper (maybe with homemade Jambalaya).  We'll have a Keynote Speaker from Pescara, Italy on Friday night, and a Cajun Comedian performing "live" on Saturday night, following the POBOY shindig.

    Please see the attached budget for transparency measures.  If you have any issues, whatsoever, with the distribution of funds, I beg of you to let me know -- NOW.  I'll correct what I can.  Otherwise, I'm going to turn this in to the ACA Board of Directors and present it as an idea on behalf of the group's will.  Check my math.  As we all know, figures lie and liars figure...

    --

    Tyrone Leeman Adams, Ph.D.

    330 Feu Follet Road, Suite 307 | Lafayette, LA 70508 | USA

    Office land-line: (337) 408.3119 | Mobile: (337) 255.0175 | Skype: theswampboy

    Email: leemanadams@... | Website: www.tyroneadams.com

    Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn

    ~ "A government of laws, and not of men." --John Adams

    THIS EMAIL MESSAGE IS FOR THE SOLE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND FOR WHOM MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not distribute, disseminate, or copy this message (including any attachments). If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender by replying via e-mail message; and delete the original message and all copies (including attachments).

  • Eric Amoako
    Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25, 2012

      I plan on coming to the conference please add me to the list thanks

      On Jul 31, 2012 6:56 PM, "T. Leeman Adams" <leemanadams@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from T. Leeman Adams included below]

[...]

    • burkehawthorne
      Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
        For social movement scholars who study the persuasive distinction between violent and nonviolent revolutions: see this YouTube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc8ufMLZ2TY

        Really puts the emphasis on success rates of peaceful revolutions in its proper place.

        Returning to the USA tonight. Much more to come...

        Celebrate the First, ACA!!! It is your history and legacy.

        --
        Ty Adams, Ph.D.
        Phnom Penh Cellular: 089 72 87 22