New poll for americancomm

  • americancomm@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 19, 2005
      americancomm group:

      Regarding that parenthetical in the "The Framing Wars" [Matt
      Bai, New York Times Magazine, 7/17/05]
      http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/17/magazine/17DEMOCRATS.html
      which BOKE thinks (while drinking himself silly) is of the
      most profound significance in "understanding everything" ...

      Where Bai writes:

      "(Last month, after we talked, Luntz challenged Lakoff,
      through me, to a 'word-off' in which each man would try to
      "move" a roomful of 30 swing voters. Lakoff responded by
      counterchallenging Luntz to an 'on-the-spot conceptual
      analysis.' Since I had no idea what either of them was
      talking about, I let it go.)"

      How could Bai's position/attitude/competence/etc most
      accurately be charactized:

      o Playing dumb.
      o Actually dumb.
      o (Maintaining our civilization depends upon not answering this question.)
      o (BOKE is drunk and should not be encouraged)

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • americancomm@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 10, 2005
        americancomm group:

        What is the meaning and/or significance of the word "American"
        in "American Communication Association"?

        o Vertical hemispheric geographic signifier. Period.
        o Our (vertically sliced) hemisphere, right or wrong!
        o English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese ONLY!
        o Deep water and International datelines are scary!
        o If we play our cards right, we can avoid the avian flu!
        o Chinese and Japanese? Who the heck has time for that?!
        o The USA will protect us from alien attack if we call ourselves "American."
        o American institutions have more money to pay for trips to South America!
        o Is there anything, really, of value that is not American?
        o I don't know. I don't care. Let's collect some money to move BOKE out of America as soon as possible. {smile}

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • americancomm@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 22 2:29 PM
          americancomm group:

          GROUP META VOTE: Same/Change? --
          Against my nature {serious smile} I've (mostly) "allowed"
          this virtual "whatever" to be whatever it "naturally"
          would be. {grin} But a long time has passed, and so it's
          time to ASK if "the members" (whatever that means;) want
          "more of the same" or "surprise me." {very serious smile}

          o Same
          o Change
          o (ok, 3rd choice) Perform a miracle, oh arrogant one, I'd like to see one.

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • americancomm@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 2, 2006
            americancomm group:

            Regarding the ACA "BRAND" as (currently) communicated by www.americancomm.org ...

            Vote/mark ALL of the fragments which "attract" you to ACA:

            o ... information about the discipline should be free.
            o ACA as an "Open Society"
            o Democracy is not a spectator sport...
            o ... committed to enabling the effective use of new and evolving technologies
            o "Communication is not only the essence of being human, but a vital property of life" - John A. Piece
            o PERU ... 2006
            o Primarily, the Association is interested in people who would like to ask and answer questions about the discipline
            o the Association is also interested in "making connections" with people who share the spirit of an Open Society, and who are skilled virtual communicators. These members serve as associational "change agents."
            o (other fragment of text not listed in this poll)
            o (other reasons than communicated on the current site)

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • americancomm@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 15, 2006
              americancomm group:

              Howmany people do like soccer?

              o 9000000000
              o infinity

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • americancomm@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 15, 2006

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 15, 2006
                  americancomm group:

                  Howmany people do like soccer?

                  o 9000000000
                  o infinity

                  web site listed above.

                  Thanks!
                • Vernon
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 15, 2006
                    Can anyone tell me who started this poll? and why it is posed three
                    times?

                    Vern
                  • americancomm@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 18, 2006
                      americancomm group:

                      Should the ACA list become moderated?

                      o Yes
                      o No

                      web site listed above.

                      Thanks!
                    • americancomm@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 8, 2010
                        americancomm group:

                        Do you allow student to use Wikipedia as source in their research?

                        o Never
                        o Always
                        o Only in conjuction with another source.

                        web site listed above.

                        Thanks!
                      • americancomm@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 18, 2012
                          americancomm group:

                          How much experience do you with Second Life?

                          o What is Second Life?
                          o None
                          o I can get around and do basic tasks.
                          o I can do some building.
                          o I can build entire islands.

                          web site listed above.

                          Thanks!
                        • americancomm@yahoogroups.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 5, 2013
                            americancomm group:

                            Do you believe that the movie The Da Vinci Code promotes
                            integrating religious diversity into popular culture by
                            attempting to appear to investigate traditional Christian
                            teachings "objectively"?

                            o Yes
                            o No

                            web site listed above.