"The Framing Wars" (New York Times Magazine)

  • BOKE
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2005
      MEANWHILE IN CALIFORNIA ...

      Now that Fang Xingdong (blogchina.com)
      has decided to buy a vowel (bokee.com)
      rather than pay me a million dollars
      for my name (boke.com) ...

      {serious smile} it is obviously time
      for a drink!

      Sitting at the bar reading a copy of
      this Sunday's New York Times Magazine's
      http://nytimes.com/pages/magazine/index.htm
      cover story "THE FRAMING WARS,"
      http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/17/magazine/17DEMOCRATS.html
      I spy ... A PARENTHETICAL WHICH --
      if you are worthy of being a member of "this
      mysterious international organization" {smile}
      -- "EXPLAINS EVERYTHING."

      [BEGIN QUOTE]

      (Last month, after we talked, Luntz
      challenged Lakoff, through me, to a
      "word-off" in which each man would
      try to "move" a roomful of 30 swing
      voters. Lakoff responded by
      counterchallenging Luntz to an
      "on-the-spot conceptual analysis."
      Since I had no idea what either of
      them was talking about, I let it go.)

      [END QUOTE]

      While I drink away the pain of my
      "lost" million dollars {grin} -- and
      COMPOSE A POLL that somehow illuminates
      something {smile} regarding the matter
      above (and lets us see if the poll
      mechanism works while drenched in
      alcohol {ewg} ...

      ... I would also be intereted in seeing
      if SOMEONE REALLY KNOWS WHAT WE'VE
      SIGNED UP FOR HERE {smile} ... and
      if so, please put it in the form
      of a haiku, limerick, or Shakespearean
      form sonnet -- but only after your
      third drink.

      Cheers!

      BOKE
      Google boke

      PS: If you wish to be removed from
      THIS list ... you have NO excuse now. {smile}