ACJ Reviewers

  • crux31504@mypacks.net
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 3, 2011

      I am having trouble finding reviewers for our articles. If an article comes in on political communication or pop culture, I have no problem. But, anything else ... problem. I don't know if it's a "process of finding reviewers" problem or a "not enough willing reviewers" problem. I have a database of names, email addresses and areas of expertise. When I get a submission, I invite individuals from the database to review the paper via email (a deadline is included and the abstract is attached) and wait for a reply. After about a week, if I don't get a reply, I start the process again. Does this sound like a bad process? Is there a way to change it to ensure a positive response? I usually don't use people without a Ph.D. as reviewers for article submissions (book reviews may be a different story). Is that too restrictive? Does anyone have a suggestion for increasing the pool of reviewers?

      Anita McDaniel
      ACJ Managing Editor

    • Rodney Merrill
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 21, 2011
        Anita,

        If I can assist in any way, my active interests are coaching, social constructionism, and community psychology. See my profile on BranchOut or LinkedIn for vitals.

        Rodney L Merrill, PhD