online conference

  • Ellen Taricani
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
      Some of you may find this conference to be very interesting.
      Where can you hear from Howard Rheingold, Robin Good, Paulette Robinson, Clay Shirky, and Steven Rosenbaum? #NeVC2011 http://t.co/SmbwOchK
      I just heard Clay Shirky at a conference on social media in RIT and he had a lot of good points about how we organize our info online.

      It is free.

      Ellen

    • Jim Parker
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
        Excellent find Ellen.

        --
        ...it's a crazy quilt reflected in a fun-house mirror! - Zippy the Pinhead
      • Keith Boepple

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2011
            If you are interested in a good speaker and author:

            “Using Social Media in Learning and Co-learning” by Howard Rheingold. TODAY at 11am Eastern Time. Join at: http://t.co/Cj7lxFSY
          • Jim Parker
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 17, 2011
              I was on the road when this would have been on. I hope many of you got to see it. I have known Howard for many years. I always find him interesting.

              jim parker

              --
              ...it's a crazy quilt reflected in a fun-house mirror! - Zippy the Pinhead
            • A. Douai
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 25, 2011

                CFP: ACJ Special Issue

                 Centennial Reflections: Marshall McLuhan’s Legacy and Media Studies

                Marshall McLuhan's is best known for his well-known piercing and provocative statements such as our world has effectively become a “global village” and that the medium is the message/massage. In celebration of his trailblazing work, several conferences are being held around the world on how McLuhan’s writings have informed and influenced media studies. The American Communication Journal (ACJ) welcomes original submissions for a special issue on Marshall McLuhan’s legacy and thought that deal with this general question: How has McLuhan's legacy influenced media studies, particularly our understanding of the impact of new media on society?

                ACJ Editors seek manuscripts that tackle this question from diverse methodologies and perspectives.  While we are especially interested in papers that have been presented in recent conferences about McLuhan, all submissions will be peer-reviewed. For any inquiries about potential submissions, please contact Prof. Aziz Douai (azizdouai@...). Deadline for Submission is November 30th, 2011. Please send your submissions to Anita McDaniel [mcdaniela@...] and Aziz Douai [azizdouai@...] with the subject line [ACJ Special Issue: McLuhan].

                About ACJ:  ACJ is the official peer-reviewed journal of the American Communication Association.  Although ACJ publishes traditional research regularly, ACJ actively seeks articles, essays and reports that make use of hypertext, audio, video and PowerPoint–features characteristic of the media rich environment of the Internet.  ACJ has been published online since 1999 [ac-journal.org].