BGSU Comm. Ph.D. closing protest stream

  • Jon Ru
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2011
      FYI

      Dear BGSU SMC Ph.D. program supporters:

      Tomorrow's 10 a.m. forum "Got Governance?" at Bowling Green State University will be available by live stream at:

      http://dvss.bgsu.edu/public/publicPlayer.php?movie_id=6871ad64a75d07e48c7907fecf6fbc32

      We hope you can join us remotely for this event.

      Thanks again for your support.

      Sincerely,
      The BGSU School of Media and Communication Faculty

    • Nurollah Zarrinabadi
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2011

        hi,
        i need some basics references on ''communicator style'' and also the scale used for its measurement.
        i wonder if you can help me.
        best wishes,
        N.Zarrinabadi

      • Shirvani, Sheida

          Message 4 of 11 , May 9, 2011
            Thanks Shirvani!

            I was not familiar with Norton.

            I just assigned extra credit to students for completing a personal communication style activity. I told them to search the Internet for a communication style inventory. There are numerous ones available and allow for self-scoring.

            Also just came across a page at cedanet that has some helpful information: http://www.cedanet.com/meta/communication_styles.htm

            Thanks for asking Nurollah!

            Steve Stogsdill,
            HSU

            On May 9, 2011, at 4:02 AM, "Nurollah Zarrinabadi" <nurollah_zarrinabadi@...<mailto:nurollah_zarrinabadi@...>> wrote:

            hi,
            i need some basics references on ''communicator style'' and also the scale used for its measurement.
            i wonder if you can help me.
            best wishes,
            N.Zarrinabadi
            ________________________________
          • Alicia Burley
            Message 5 of 11 , May 9, 2011
              Thanks, Steve.

              I found this very helpful for myself as well.  I'm currently looking at the communication styles of Latin American women and I can corporate some of this into my thesis.

              Alicia

              Alicia V. Burley

              Never say you "can't" do something. You can do anything you set your mind to do.
              All things are possible through God!

[...]

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  americancomm-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  americancomm-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Shirvani, Sheida
              Message 6 of 11 , May 9, 2011
                I used his communication style category in my dissertation long time ago. That might be the reason you did not find it. But I like it very much. Thank you sharing the link with me too.

                --Shirvani