Corrected Minutes of the ACA BOARD March 2011 MEETING

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 132 KB

    Attached in PDF file and also posted below is the corrected minutes of our March 2011 Board Meeting. Kindly let me know of any other corrections you deemed necessary in our minutes.

    --------------------

    Minutes of the ACA Meeting

    March 2011

                In attendance and participated in the discussion were:

    1.    Doug Picirillo

    2.    Ellen Taricani

    3.    Keith Boepple

    4.    Jim Parker

    5.    John Malala

    6.    Phil Auter

    7.    Aziz Douai

    8.    Lori V. Roe

    9.    Jim Owen

    10.  Anita McDaniel

    11.  Vern Humphrey

    12.  Joseph Swaba

    13.  Julliann School

    14.  Corey Pruitt

    15.  Stephen D. Cooper

    16.  Joseph Swaba

    17.  Myrene Magabo

    While there a bit of an exchange of valuable ideas from members present, there are areas of concerns discussed in the meeting that are hoped to be addressed and are as follows:

    1.    The need to improve the quality of participation and engagement of members in moving ACA forward through voluntary, productive and contributory efforts

    2.    The need for ACA to be definite about being an accrediting body (or just offer Certification Program).

    3.    While making ACA an accrediting body, our lack of funds as an organization hinders from getting accredited by the Department of Education or the Council on Higher Ed (i.e., having a paid staff; a self-study of our methods and pay a fairly large fee for review)

    4.    2011 ACA President Doug Picirillo is working on reviving the ACA Journal and having its domain name as acajournal.net – a name that gains approval from most of the participants in the meeting. Also, a suggestion to add an appeal to the Journal publication is Corey’s suggestion to add some elements of “fundamental communication tools to leadership in corporate America.”

    5.    Finalizing plans for either a regional and/or national 2011 ACA Conference

    6.    ACA needs committed volunteers to help the updating and editing our ACA e-text book on public speaking, we need volunteers for revision writers and editors.

    7.    Our website needs updating and editing to include updating our members and leaders’ information on the website. As the CIO this year, John Malala registered the current domain for name and setup the WordPress website for the Journal. He, however, needs the login information to the current ACA website so he can update the needed information.