Re:[americancomm] Communication pattern of village level farmers

  • Shafiul Alam
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
      Dear All

      I am Shafiul Alam from Bangladesh. I did my post-graduation in Mass Communication and Journalism from the University of Dhaka much ago. Now I am doing another Master's Degree in Governance and Public Policy. I have to do a thesis on ICT growth and future of the print media. Please help me with necessary papers.

      Regards

      Shafiul Alam

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
        It's wonderful to see so many folks suddenly appear with an interest in
        community development and public policy. I've just discovered there is
        a whole field of "development communication" that I'd never heard of.
        Apparently research is being done all over the world regarding
        communication as it relates to the economic sustainability of a
        community...but here in the U.S. we've ignored it completely!

        My area of interest is in the rural Midwestern U.S. where communities
        are shrinking (and sometimes dying) for lack of economic viability. Has
        anyone got good references for work that might be useful to me?

        thanks!
        dale

        Dale Cyphert, PhD
        Associate Professor