Re: [americancomm] Peer Review Help!?!

  • Hayley Steinkopf
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2009
      Jeff,
         I recently graduated with a BA in English and communication. I might be able to review what you need.
      -Hayley

      On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 7:39 PM, jtischauser1 <jtischauser1@...> wrote:

      Hello ACA,

      I'm young scholar teaching communication at Triton College, River Grove, Illinois. My first-ever monograph was recently accepted for publication, but I hit a snag. I need three peer reviewers for my work. Right now, I have found two. I exhausted the short list of people I know and I don't know what else to do. Is there anyone in the ACA community who wishes to help? Is there anybody who could offer suggestions on where (and how) to find a peer reviewer?

      Brief description of monograph:

      It's a study that uses Edward Said's Orientalism and Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky's Propaganda Model to evaluate the newspaper coverage of the Israeli-Hezbollah and Israeli-Hamas wars of 2006. I complete a content analysis and a textual analysis of three U.S. newspapers over a 60 day period. The length of the monograph is 167 pages.

      Is finding peer reviewers always this difficult? Has anybody come across this problem before?

      If you think you can help, or if you think you can point me in the right direction I would love to hear from you. My email is jtischauser1@....

      Thanks,

      Jeff Tischauser
      Instructor
      Triton College

      --
      “The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."
    • szelinger tatiana
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009

        Dear Jeff,

        My name is Tatiana Ivanova and I am a linguist from Saint-Petersburg , Russia. If you could be interested in a peer review from a non-native English speaker, I would be happy to write it for you.

        With kind regards,

        Tatiana

        01.10.09, 03:23, "Hayley Steinkopf" <hayley.steinkopf@...>:

[...]

        Почта в порядке находится здесь: http://mail.yandex.ru/promo/new/order
      • MD Firoz
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 12, 2009
          If you need my help, I will happy to do so. Please use my official e-mail ID for future communication (firoz@...). For my brief professional biography visit www.learning-media.blogspot.com

          Regards

          Dr. Md. Firoz, Associate Professor
          Manipal University, Dubai Campus
          Website: www.mahedubai.com

          On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 7:39 PM, jtischauser1 <jtischauser1@ yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]

          If you think you can help, or if you think you can point me in the right direction I would love to hear from you. My email is jtischauser1@ yahoo.com.

          Thanks,

          Jeff Tischauser
          Instructor
          Triton College

          --
          “The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."

          --
          Почта в порядке находится здесь: http://mail. yandex.ru/ promo/new/ order

          Now, send attachments up to 25MB with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.
        • Createcom Lynch
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 12, 2009
            Writescienceright.com is set up for that very service.

            I must disclose the owner is my daughter Dr. Ann Power Smith.

            No, she is not the woman in the graphic.....

            -Art Lynch

            If you need my help, I will happy to do so. Please use my official e-mail ID for future communication (firoz@mahedubai. com). For my brief professional biography visit www.learning- media.blogspot. com

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 27, 2009
              Hi, annu,
              i am from sri lanka
              i also would like to launch a discussion topic on "bringing the technology to the village and remote area by strengthening the communication in the developing county ".
              Wecome your commences and valuable ideas regard with this topic.
              thank u...
              yours
              m.seelan
              mseelan5@...

              From: Gates <ktlagates@yahoo. com>
              To: americancomm@ yahoogroups. com
              Date: Wednesday, 30 September, 2009, 5:53 PM

              Jeff,

              I work at the American University in Dubai. I might be able to help and ask a few colleagues.

              Tina
              ktlagates@yahoo. com

[...]

              Add whatever you love to the Yahoo! India homepage. Try now!

            • v s

[...]

                To win is your talent, to loose is your fate -- SRI