Other Associations

  • pahl.christine
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26 3:28 PM
      I wanted to know what professional organizations other members have joined besides ACA, such as the American Marketing Association or International Communications Association. Looking for professional organizations that can provide up-to-date information and trends in the communications/marketing industry.
    • mrsblue9
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2009
        I am personally a member of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) and the National Communication Association (NCA) as well. These are two very good organizations that provide a great deal of information sharing and annual conference events. Hope this helps.

        --- In americancomm@yahoogroups.com, "pahl.christine" <pahl.christine@...> wrote:

        > I wanted to know what professional organizations other members have joined besides ACA, such as the American Marketing Association or International Communications Association. Looking for professional organizations that can provide up-to-date information and trends in the communications/marketing industry.

      • Endres,Kathleen L
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2009
          If you want information on the advertising/marketing side, you may want to consider the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC). Its convention is August is a great place to network and share information.
          Kathleen Endres, University of Akron

          I am personally a member of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) and the National Communication Association (NCA) as well. These are two very good organizations that provide a great deal of information sharing and annual conference events. Hope this helps.

          --- In americancomm@ yahoogroups. com, "pahl.christine" <pahl.christine@ ...> wrote:

          > I wanted to know what professional organizations other members have joined besides ACA, such as the American Marketing Association or International Communications Association. Looking for professional organizations that can provide up-to-date information and trends in the communications/ marketing industry.

        • Alicia Burley
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2009
            I'm a member of National Communications Association (NCA), International Communications Association (ICA), ACA and Eastern Communications Association (ECA).  I'm thinking about joining AMA as well.  I hadn't thought of AEJMC but I'll look into that one as well.