Call for Panels and Papers in Business Communication

  • Dale Cyphert
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2009
      The NCA convention call for papers in business communication has been
      extended to accommodate the submission of panels as well.

      The Association for Business Communication (ABC) invites scholarship
      that addresses all aspects of communication in business contexts,
      including corporate communications and rhetoric, professional
      communication practices, communication management, and business
      communication pedagogy. Contributions that engage the convention themes
      are especially encouraged:

      *Discourses of Stability and Change* Business organizations are created,
      maintained, and managed with discourses of stability, continuity, and
      routine, while simultaneously relying on opposing discourses of change,
      novelty, and surprise to insure creative, flexible, adaptation to a
      dynamic business environment.

      *Five Years Out* In anticipation of the NCA’s 100th anniversary, panels
      will spotlight the questions of past, present, and future. To mark this
      first year of formal affiliation between the two organizations, a panel
      might address such issues as 1) the historical development of the
      business communication discipline such that we find ourselves formally
      included on the NCA program, 2) the state of the art in business
      communication scholarship, 3) the resources we bring to the larger
      community of communication scholars, 4) the contributions we make to
      communities both inside and outside of academia, and 5) where we expect
      to be as a discipline in five years.

      Submitted papers should be no more than 20 pages in length, exclusive of
      notes, citations, and tables. Title, author information, and a 100-200
      word abstract will be submitted separately from the text, which should
      be stripped of any identifying text or document coding to facilitate
      blind review.

      Submitted panels should provide a rationale of no more than 250 words as
      well as title, author information, and abstracts for all invited
      participants. Panels will be reviewed by multiple reviewers, but are
      not blind review.

      --
      Dale Cyphert, PhD
      Associate Professor and Interim Head